Welcome, December!

December 2, 2013

Well, we went from the beach:

DSC_1063DSC_1017DSC_1001

…to the Christmas tree farm in less than 24 hours.  Kind of a shock to the system!

Obviously we hated having to leave Harbor Island…but at least we know we’ll be back.  And the beauty of the island is that however much time passes between visits, when you return, it always feels wonderfully the same.

Besides, we were happy to see these happy faces:

cozy

Our house-sitter sent us LOTS of pictures of the pets while we were away. Smile

Today, I had my last long run before the official “taper” period for my training.  The run was…meh.  I think I was dehydrated from the travel (and extra vacation indulgences, ha), plus my Garmin died on me about 12 miles in.  I was supposed to do 20 miles, but only did about 17.  Honestly, at this point, I’m just ready to run the damn race already!  Hopefully the training I’ve put in will be sufficient…I guess we’ll find out in two weeks! Eek!

After naps all around, we headed out to a local tree farm to cut down our Christmas tree! We found a beauty:

DSC_1095DSC_1099DSC_1097DSC_1111DSC_1121DSC_1124DSC_1127

…and now we just need to decorate!  Feeling like the holidays over here!

Hope you had a good weekend!

1. December 2, 2013 4:15 am

Oh yay! Your tree is lovely. We just picked up our first yesterday. Thank you for sharing! Here’s to a wonderful first week of December!

2. December 2, 2013 11:49 am

I can’t wait to read your marathon recap! So exciting!!! And hooray for the tree.

3. December 2, 2013 5:38 pm

I’m jealous on all accounts! We don’t get our tree for another 2 weeks, bummer.

4. gcsmiler19 permalink
    December 6, 2013 10:53 am

How fun!! I have NEVER cut my own tree, can you believe it?! I know, it’s sad. When we have a kid we will (haha, I say that about everything!).

• December 9, 2013 3:19 pm

This was our first time! We never got a real tree as a couple until last year– our first year with Lila. 🙂 Having a kid makes you feel like you need to do the holidays “right”– which involves a lot more work, ha!!

5. December 9, 2013 1:20 am

I was so jealous of your beach trip! I need some beach time so badly! Love the tree! It’s beautiful.

I can’t believe the race is in 2 weeks! Eek is right! Tony is interested in running a full in February and of course, misery loves company and he asked me to do it with him. It’s the Mercedes Benz Marathon in Birmingham. I am having a hard time pulling the trigger on that one. How has your recovery been with the longer runs? I’m really nervous about that and then having to teach fitness classes the next week…

• December 9, 2013 3:18 pm

Hey girl!! Recovery has been okay– super sore and slow-walking the day of (after the run), and relatively sore one day after, but really I feel back to normal after that. I always take a total rest day the day after a long run, which I think helps.

So exciting about Tony, and you should do it with him!!– I have to tell you though, my yoga teacher ran a marathon in Birmingham and said that it was SUPER hilly! Which is fine, as long as you train on the hills, right? I think that she didn’t really train for hills, so they basically killed her on race day.