Keeping It Real

August 21, 2013

If there’s one thing I try to do here on the ol’ bloggie, it’s keep it real.

I’m sorry, but come on.

Some days are long, and full of tantrums and food throwing and diaper leaks (oh my!).  Sometimes going back to work sucks.  Some workouts just don’t happen.  And sometimes dinner comes covered in cellophane courtesy of my friend Amy, and is nuked in the microwave:

photo (7)

Tonight’s dinner was one of those dinners.

I spent all afternoon up on campus, working on printing my syllabi and rosters out for tomorrow’s classes.  It should have only taken a half hour or so, but because my computer decided to be…well, a little shithead—it ended up taking about two.  Guf.

Anyway, Ryan had a meeting tonight, so Lila and I were on our own for the late afternoon and evening.  We took a nice stroll around the neighborhood:

photo (4)photo (5)

…no surprise that she found a big dirt pile.  Winking smile

Aaaaaaaaand then it was bath-time.  Smile

While I waited for Ryan to get home, I enjoyed a Magnum mini ice cream bar.  This took me back—when I was studying abroad in France, we ate Magnum bars almost EVERY afternoon.  No surprise that I came home twenty pounds heavier, ha.

photo (6)

So. Good.  And much more moderate in mini-size!

Well, I’m about to get in bed to do some reading.  School starting means earlier bedtimes for me—I’m going to try to be in bed by nine.  Key word, *try*, right? Winking smile

1. itzyskitchen permalink
    August 21, 2013 8:45 am

Hope school goes well! You know I always appreciate your totally honest posts 🙂

2. August 21, 2013 12:21 pm

Thank you for keeping it real. That’s why I love your blog.

3. August 21, 2013 12:54 pm

See, I love that you always keep it real. I appreciate that more than fancy recipes and beautiful photography!

4. Kristina permalink
    August 21, 2013 6:13 pm

This is why your blog is one of the few I still read! Haha Also, Lila’s dress is really adorable!

5. August 21, 2013 11:08 pm

amen! oh Anna, I just love your blog. And I’m all about microwave dinners on long days. I ate frozen meals almost every day during my first trimester. I don’t know if I can ever look at frozen lasagna again!

• August 22, 2013 4:46 pm

Ha! I know what you mean– I used to eat boca burgers SO much for dinner in grad school, and now I can’t eat them. Too much of a good thing I guess. 🙂

6. August 22, 2013 4:33 am

“We all know the bloggers who seem to live in some shiny rainbow land, where meals are always beautiful, runs are always amazeballs, all children are special snowflakes, and unicorns poop glitter on a daily basis.”

This is why I ❤ you 🙂