Saturday Playlist

August 10, 2013

One of the things that I like most about running is listening to music.  I know—that sounds lame.  But the right playlist can really keep you entertained and get you through a tough run.  Plus, going on longer runs always prompts me to seek out some new tunes—I love listening to music while I run, but I can get pretty sick of the same songs over and over.

We subscribe to Rhapsody, which means that I have literally thousands of songs at my fingertips for any given run.  But—and tell me I’m not alone here—sometimes it seems like when I actually sit down to try to remember good workout songs, I can’t think of ANYTHING.  Ugh.

Here’s the playlist I ran to today.  Feel free to chime in and leave a comment with what you’ve been running to lately—I’m always looking for fresh tunes!!

Saturday Playlist

Blurred Lines (Robin Thicke)

Bad Girls (M.I.A.)

C’mon (Ke$sha)

Get Lucky (Daft Punk)

Girl on Fire (Alicia Keys)

Marry You (Bruno Mars)

On Top of the World (Imagine Dragons)

Radioactive (Imagine Dragons)

Madness (Muse)

Royals (Lorde)

Only Rock n’ Roll (The Rolling Stones)

Gimme Shelter (The Rolling Stones)

We Can’t Stop (Miley Cyrus)

Feel This Moment (Pitbull)

Sweet Transvestite (Rocky Horror)

Good Times Bad Times (Led Zeppelin)

Every Time (Britney Spears)

Yeah, I cool down to a little old school Britney.  Don’t judge.  I wasn’t a big fan of the movie Spring Breakers, but it did manage to reignite my love for vintage Spears.

Well, hit me with your favorite workout tunes! I hope you had a good Saturday!

1. August 10, 2013 7:59 pm

I didn’t see Footloose on there. That’s a good one. Also, anything by James Brown. I know that dates me, but just give it a try!

2. itzyskitchen permalink
    August 10, 2013 8:47 pm

ahhh pitbull- you keep coming out with awesome workout sounds! I love me some Pink while I workout too

3. August 10, 2013 11:52 pm

I know this is going to sound silly, but lately I’ve been listening to podcasts while I work out. I get that it’s not upbeat music, but it keeps me entertained and makes time go by really fast if the topic is interesting. My personal favorite is NPRs Planet Money 🙂

• August 12, 2013 1:11 am

Ooooh, yes, I love listening to podcasts too! I listen to Fresh Air, Doug Loves Movies, and my new obsession is Mark Maron’s WTF podcast– so funny!

4. August 11, 2013 12:20 pm

Ok, I just use the radio setting on my iPod, which is completely lame, I know. You just reminded me I need to charge my iPod before my Sunday run..THANK YOU!
    P.S, your makeup shot on Intagram looked amazing! Not overdone, just right.

5. Emo permalink
    August 11, 2013 8:10 pm

I have “Sweet Transvestite” on a running playlist, too! My latest is all women — Rihanna, Britney, Carrie Underwood, Ke$ha, Beyoncé and (ahem) Selena Gomez.

• August 12, 2013 1:10 am

Ha! Selena’s on one of my playlists too…nothing to be ashamed of!! 😉

6. August 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Gosh I haven’t run to music in so long my playlist is like years out of date…so it’s all old school 😉