Greek Pasta + Workout Log

August 6, 2013

As promised (I know—you were waiting on pins and needles, right?), here is my workout log from last week:

Week: Sunday, July 28th through Saturday, August 3rd

Sunday: Ran 4.07 miles; walked 3.9

Monday: rest

Tuesday: Ran 5 miles

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: light cardio + strength training (gym)

Friday: run/walk 3.27 miles

Saturday: Ran 6.25 miles

Total running mileage: 18.6 miles

Strength training: Smile

Yoga: Sad smile

For running mileage, I’m counting miles that I ran or walk/ran, but not miles that were pure walking.  Yoga was a big fail this week.  Yoga is one of those things that takes me a little pushing to get into (not sure why), but once I get back into it, I go pretty regularly.  I have a class that I LOVE on Wednesday nights, but I’ve been busy on Wednesdays the past few weeks.  Hopefully I can start that again!

Other than that, I feel pretty good about what I’ve done!

Yesterday afternoon, I unexpectedly finished my creative writing syllabus early, while Lila was napping.  This was the work I’d planned to do during our nanny time, so instead, I treated myself to an afternoon movie, solo: The Bling Ring!

I’m pretty sure my love of the movie was heavily influenced by the fact that I had a verrrrrrrry guilty pleasure addiction to the E! show Pretty Wild, back in the day:

I still miss that show.

But yeah, I thought it was pretty good!  And I actually really like going to the movies by myself—very relaxing!

When I got home, we made an easy pasta dinner:

Greek pasta!  While the pasta cooked, I combined one can of tuna (packed in oil—sooooo much tastier than water-packed), 1/2 cup chopped olives, 1/2 cup chopped feta, fresh spinach, and 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes in a bowl, along with some lemon juice.  Tossed it with the warm pasta when it was done cooking:

Easy dinner!

Well, I just signed up for a yoga class.  Have a great morning!

1. August 6, 2013 1:10 pm

Good job on the workouts!!! I need more yoga in my life too. The pasta looks SO yummy!!! Love all of the add ins

• August 6, 2013 3:19 pm

For some reason, it’s the hardest thing for me to make myself do, even though I LOVE it once I do it!

2. August 6, 2013 1:26 pm

Look at you! Love that you decide to pick up running again during the most torturous time of year LOL. That pasta sounds great. Could easily sub out the tuna for veggie version. I think it’s hard to go wrong with feta, olives, tomatoes.

• August 6, 2013 3:20 pm

Yep!! Easy to make it veg! I know, I know– I’m definitely ready for cooler temps, ha!

3. August 6, 2013 2:04 pm

I always ate water packed tuna simply because that was what my mom always bought when I was a kid. One day while grocery shopping I accidentally put the oil packed in my cart and ever since then we’ve never gone back! Ha! That stuff is soooo much better! That pasta looks amazing! And way to go on your mileage this week!!

• August 6, 2013 3:20 pm

It’s sooooo good! The first time I had it, it was like a revelation!!

4. August 6, 2013 11:01 pm

So the pasta looks delicious Anna. I’m totally craving a big bowl now. And I’m right there with you when it comes to yoga. I have to really motivate myself to go but once I get in the habit, I love it. I’m hoping to do a mommy and me yoga class soon!

5. August 7, 2013 12:19 pm

I’m joining a new gym soon and can’t wait to start doing some yoga classes. Seriously,now that I know the basic moves, I think I feel comfortable enough to actually take a LIVE class. We shall see….
    The pasta sounds wonderful. I’m into feta lately. I actually buy the reduced fat feta from TJ’s and eat it by the chunk. Is that bad??

6. Joe Himple permalink
    August 26, 2013 8:01 pm

Hey this is Ryan’s friend Joe (from middle school). I just wanted to say that I made this dish the other night and it was amazing! Thanks for sharing it!

• August 26, 2013 9:16 pm