Rainy Day Lemon Cream Pie

July 23, 2013

Well, yesterday was our first rainy day.  As in, rained ALLLLLLLL day.  Actually, that’s not true—it was sunny in the morning! But from about 11:00 on, it was rain, rain, rain.

Someone wasn’t too excited:

DSC_0489DSC_0490DSC_0497DSC_0502

But it was the perfect excuse to watch The Lion King (with our Simba doll, of course):

…and bake a creamy, delicious, easy lemon pie:

Easy Lemon Cream Pie

Ingredients:

3 egg yolks

2 can sweetened condensed milk

3/4 cup fresh lemon juice

whipped cream (homemade or purchased)

1 storebought graham cracker crust

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375.

In a mixing bowl, whip egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk together.  Add lemon juice and mix until incorporated.  Pour into pie crust, and bake for 15 minutes, until pie filling is set.

Allow to cool completely, then top with whipped cream.

Easy and delicious!  A sweet ending to a rainy, rainy day.

Luckily, this morning, there isn’t a cloud in the sky.  We’re off to enjoy the sun!

1. itzyskitchen permalink
    July 23, 2013 1:53 pm

I am a HUGE lemon dessert fan! Yum yum yum! I’m so jealous of your vacation time…I need a vacation so darn baad

• July 23, 2013 5:18 pm

It’s been so nice– we’re trying to soak up every bit of it before school starts!

2. July 23, 2013 2:00 pm

Enjoy some sunshine for me too! The pie looks amazing! Hope you’re having an incredible trip with your family!

3. July 23, 2013 2:04 pm

We’re getting crazy pop-up storms all week. Makes it really hard to plan a bike ride humph. Of course, this time of year, I shouldn’t complain about rain I suppose 😉

• July 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Yep, we’ve had storms here almost every day too– but they just blow through in about an hour, and then it goes back to sun! Yesterday was the first day of real, lonnnng RAIN.

4. July 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Yum!!! That sounds wonderful. I want some more rain! Bella hates it but I love it because it means cooler temperatures and this pregnant lady will take anything that makes it cooler!!!

• July 23, 2013 5:15 pm

Ugh, I bet!!! I was grateful to be pregnant in the fall and winter mostly, before it got too hot in the spring!

5. Kristina permalink
    July 23, 2013 5:34 pm

Love how simple the recipe is — I can’t wait to try it! 😀 I saw the egg yolks and almost just scrolled on by, since I generally don’t have the patience for custard making…. Haha

6. July 23, 2013 11:54 pm

I read somewhere that we’ve had a whopping one weekend this summer where it hasn’t rained. One. I should have baked many pies!

7. July 24, 2013 11:54 am

Ok, I don’t even really like lemon desserts, but they have been growing on me lately. This looks delicious. And Lila is PRECIOUSSSSS. Poor thing, I hate the rain too. My hair is a mess.

8. July 24, 2013 11:01 pm

LOVE! This is really similar to the avocado pie I make. It’s egg yolks, lemon juice, condensed milk and avocado. So simple. So delicious.