Birthday Celebration!

July 17, 2013

Yesterday, we had reason to celebrate: Katherine and Kevin arrived, along with Sophie and Baby Dylan!

The girls were ready to start playing:

…but Lila was also *pretty* interested in baby Dylan:

We had to practice “gentle” with Lila quite a few times.  Winking smile

Ryan and I were in charge of dinner, so we cooked up some shrimp po-boys for everyone, along with coleslaw and tater tots:

But the real star of the meal was the chocolate sheet cake that my mom and I made for my sister’s birthday:

SO. GOOD.  This is the cake that we had for almost EVERY single birthday growing up, and you just can’t beat it.  Especially when it’s served with a side of Bluebell vanilla ice cream.  Smile

It looks like another day of sunshine here—so thankful for the great weather we’ve had on the trip so far! I hope it continues!

Have a great day!

1. July 17, 2013 12:39 pm

Shrimp po boys?! They were smart to choose the two of you for meal prep, YUM! And the sheet cake looks amazing too (although I’m s sucker for white cake with chocolate icing).

2. July 17, 2013 12:49 pm

that cake looks delicious!! would you be willing to share the recipe or is it a closely guarded family secret? 🙂

3. July 17, 2013 2:41 pm

I totally read that as Sophie and Bob Dylan. Haha!

4. itzyskitchen permalink
    July 17, 2013 2:44 pm

That looks TOTALLY delicious! Hope yall have fun!

5. July 17, 2013 5:17 pm

I can’t believe how grown up Sophie is!!

6. July 18, 2013 2:49 pm

Hurrah! Finally I got a website from where I be able to truly obtain useful information regarding my study and knowledge.