But Where is Connie Britton?

July 2, 2013

Can you guess where we are by my title?

If you guessed San Francisco, you’re WRONG.  It’s Nashville.  We’re in Nashville.

Alas, we have not yet spotted Connie Britton.  But—we’re having a great time anyway! Winking smile

We fly out tomorrow to visit Ryan’s family in Seattle.  Nashville is only a few hours away from us, and there’s a direct flight from Nashville to Seattle, so we booked our tickets out of Nashville and drove up here a day early to have a little fun.  This afternoon, we headed to the zoo:

blog 004blog 039

These parrots were our first stop:

blog 011

blog 009

…and Lila LOVED them.  She kept looking at them, and then looking back at us, like—“Can you believe this?!?  Are you seeing this?!”

blog 019

blog 015

More zoo fun:

blog 034

blog 036

blog 070

We also started to notice a theme among the exhibits:

blog 044

blog 092

Don’t mess with Mama.  Winking smile

Lila had SO much fun taking in the animals.  This was her first zoo trip, and she was having a LOT of fun—she was basically in awe of all the animals.

It’s funny—she saw elephants, tigers, giraffes—all sorts of “exotic” animals.  But I think the petting zoo was her favorite.  She liked this little guy:

blog 116

I guess he was just her size.  Smile

After our zoo fun, we checked into our hotel, and then headed back out to soak up a little of Nashville.  We walked up and down Broadway, listening to all the live music coming from each bar.  Then we settled in for a BBQ dinner:

photo

photo

…followed by a trip to Jeni’s ice cream, aka HEAVEN on Earth.  We buy Jeni’s as “special occasion” dessert from Fresh Market, but we’d never been to a scoop shop before—it was pretty amazing.

Now we’re settling in and hoping to get some rest before our long plane ride tomorrow—wish us luck!

xx

1. Patti permalink
    July 2, 2013 3:50 am

Fun day. Looking forward to seeing y’all tomorrow.

2. itzyskitchen permalink
    July 2, 2013 10:15 am

I love Nashville! Josh’s parents used to live out that way. We can’t wait to take Kay to the zoo either. Your little peanut- so cute! Adorable outfit

• July 2, 2013 11:27 pm

It was such a fun city– we need to take advantage of it more often, because it’s pretty close to us!

3. July 2, 2013 11:22 am

Jeni’s is from Columbus, just thought I’d point that out 🙂 Yep, she lives right down the street!! Good stuff, right?!
    I’ll be honest, I hated the zoo when I was Lila’s age. I was such a brat, I wanted to be at the water park which was RIGHT next door! How cruel, right!? A water park by the zoo?!

Enjoy your vacation!

• July 2, 2013 11:27 pm

Soooooo GOOD. If this was right down the street from me, that would not be a good thing, ha!

4. July 2, 2013 12:12 pm

Jason and I always talk about doing a weekend Nashville trip. It’s only 4 hours from us. We really should.

Should you ever want to visit another zoo, Atlanta has one! Just sayin’! That would be awesome if you guys ever visited here.

• July 2, 2013 1:42 pm

Yes!! We keep meaning to plan a trip to Atlanta! Some day…

5. July 2, 2013 12:15 pm

What a fun trip! Have a good trip to Seattle and have a great time. Tell Lynn and Patti hello!

6. Andrea permalink
    July 2, 2013 5:47 pm

You guys are having quite an amazing summer vacation so far and Nashville is one of my favourite cities {kinda’ jealous over here 😉 }!!

I love the whole vibe on Broadway with live music coming out of every building…..such a great place to visit. I’ve never been to the zoo there but I think we’ll have to plan a trip with my sister and her kids (ages 5 and 1 1/2) it sounds like it would make a great day trip!!

7. July 3, 2013 10:49 am

How fun!!! Lila is so tan!!

• July 3, 2013 8:35 pm