Easy Summer Pasta

June 26, 2013

One of the things we cook most in the summer is pasta.  It sounds counter-intuitive, I know—a big, steaming bowl of hot pasta on a summer night?

But topping the pasta with barely-sautéed, still-crisp summer produce is so easy and so delicious—plus, it’s a great way to use up WHATEVER you have in your refrigerator.

Last night, we made this pasta:

blog 004

…with chicken sausage, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, spinach, celery, red pepper, and garlic.  After sautéing the veggies in olive oil, we added them to the cooked pasta, along with a shake of panko breadcrumbs and some grated parmesan cheese.

blog 006

Super easy, super delicious!

1. itzyskitchen permalink
    June 26, 2013 1:39 pm

Yes! And cold pasta salads rock in the summer too!!

2. June 26, 2013 3:43 pm

I haven’t made a pasta salad in a while. This definitely looks perfect for summer.

3. June 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Looks delicious!

4. aneastcoastlife permalink
    June 27, 2013 1:03 am

Yum! I love how creative you can get with these types of meals!

5. June 27, 2013 3:26 am

Love it. This looks super summery! Fresh veggies, color, done. I know this is odd but I NEVER make pasta. Like maybe once every 3 years. So easy though! I should reconsider and look to you for inspiration.

6. June 27, 2013 10:56 am

Gorgeous!! And of course I love the fresh parmesan. I add parmesan to everything….did you know?! It’s my latest obsession.

7. June 28, 2013 2:09 am

Pasta and fresh vegetables are perfect summer foods! This looks perfect! We don’t do pasta as much as we used to since gluten free is a bit different, but we have found some we like, so I need to get to making more!