Boys and Girls

June 2, 2013

Remember way back in March, when this little dude was born?

Look how big he’s gotten!!

blog 017blog 012

I know, I know—babies grow up and get bigger.  It’s a fact of life.  But somehow, it never ceases to amaze me.

My friends and family will tell you that for as long as I’ve talked about having children, I’ve ALWAYS wanted girls.  I grew up in a very girl-heavy family, and I’m not too big on “boy” stuff—sports, science, dinosaurs, being loud…(no stereotypes here, right?).  Don’t all boys love t-rexes who loudly talk about football and the periodic table?  I thought so.

But I gotta say—this little guy might just change my mind.

photo

He is the BEST baby—so sweet and laid-back and easy.  Is it a dude thing?  Because when I look at the attitude that these two can give off at the drop of a hat:

blog 048Photo: Reading with Mom is always a hit. #shesgoingtobeafunteenager

…and then look at sweet Baby Dylan, just rolling with the flow and taking it all in stride…

photo

…I think, “You know…maybe next time around, a boy would be nice.”  Winking smile

Then again…girls can be pretty sweet too:

photophoto

Smile

Hope you had a great weekend!

1. June 2, 2013 5:23 pm

What a cutie! I love that as seen on ultrasound onesie- hilarious. I laughed at your instagram picture of the girls because Kay was exactly like Lila with her cousin a couple weeks ago. Her cousin was all hugs and love and Kay was like uhhh give me some space.

2. Patti permalink
    June 2, 2013 6:11 pm

I think some of it has to do with being the 2nd child. They always seem more laid back.
    Love the cute pictures of the 3 of them.

3. Dad permalink
    June 2, 2013 10:10 pm

Your other two nephews can cop an attitude real easy

4. June 4, 2013 2:50 am

Don’t be fooled by that sweet little man! Max is a mess over here and always has been! Jay was the calmest baby ever and still is calm. He definitely did NOT prepare me for my little mess!

5. June 4, 2013 3:50 am

What a sweetheart! I’m having a girl (and I’ve always wanted girls myself) but my best friend had a boy in October and he about melts my heart each time I see him! Boys and girls are both great in my book! Thank you for sharing all these lovely and beautiful photographs!

6. June 4, 2013 11:52 am

Oh so sweet. I love to see pictures of Lila and Sophie together. I hope they grow up to be cousin BFF’s. HA!

7. June 6, 2013 11:36 am

Such sweet pictures! Yes, Dylan has changed my mind about boys, as well. He’s a sweetheart. But they all are! I’m a lucky grandmother!