Backyard Lovin’

April 22, 2013

Morning!  Hope your weekend was a good one! We definitely had fun—drinks with our department members on Friday night, a fundraiser at a local brewery on Saturday night, and lots of sunshine and enjoying the new backyard on Sunday:

Lila LOVES the new backyard.  There are lots of trees, bushes, and little nooks and crannies to explore.  She also loves the swing-set, not surprisingly.  And she’s not the only one.  Imagine our surprise last night when Ella, after studying the set for a few minutes:

DSC_0370DSC_0374

…climbed right up the ladder to see me!

DSC_0375DSC_0376

I was shocked!

Cattledogs = wonder dogs.  Seriously.

Poor Baxter wanted to climb up too…but I don’t think that’s happening any time soon:

Playing in the yard so much has me seriously ready for summer.  It’s not quite here yet—our temps are still a little chilly, especially when the sun goes down.  But you can tell it’s coming!

Since we were in summer mode, we went with another summer staple for dinner:

Grilling!  Grilled chicken, marinated for 2 hours in: juice from 2 limes, 1 tbsp. sugar, 2 tsp. soy sauce, and 1 tsp. fish sauce.  Yum!  Nicely sweet and sour.  Plus grilled asparagus and brown rice—simple and delicious!

Tonight is my last night of teaching my poetry class, and that’s not until 5:30—lots of time to play before then.  Make it a great one! Winking smile

1. April 22, 2013 1:19 pm

Glad you’re enjoying the new backyard!! It looks like fun (and I won’t lie, I’m excited to have a child soon so I can have an excuse to play on the playground!!).

2. April 22, 2013 2:15 pm

Love it! Summertime really does equal grilling and backyard time, doesn’t it? I’m a little jealous in my backyard-free apartment 🙂
    And YES for cattle dogs! What an awesome breed 🙂

3. itzyskitchen permalink
    April 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Looks gorgeous! I want to get Kay a playground so bad now!

4. April 22, 2013 9:27 pm

That cattle dog!!! She never ceases to amaze!

5. April 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Gorgeous backyard, what a great play set! Ella is so cute

6. Patti permalink
    April 23, 2013 1:01 am

It is fun to see the pictures of you enjoying your yard. We are looking forward to seeing it on person. It sure didn’t taking Ella long to master the play equipment.

7. April 23, 2013 11:45 am

What a beautiful back yard. Ours looks like hell compared to yours. Summer droughts do not bode well for yards in Texas. Ours is so ick.

8. Kristi permalink
    April 24, 2013 12:15 am

Come on Baxter, you can do it! Ella, show him again… Looks like a blast. Love the Lila squat. Apparently, so does Baxter.

9. April 24, 2013 2:14 am

WOW! Nothing better than a great big backyard to explore.