Bunny Birthday Recap

April 3, 2013

Hi friends! Long time, no blog.

Lots to catch up on from my side.  On Friday night, we celebrated Lila’s FIRST birthday!

I just can’t believe it.  Sigh.

She actually doesn’t turn one until this Sunday (April 7th), but we figured since we were in Louisiana where almost all of my family lives, we’d go ahead and throw an early shindig in her honor.  Because the party was going to be so close to Easter, I decided to go with a bunny theme—keeps things pretty easy, right?

You’ve already seen the decorations:

photo

In addition to the homemade carrot garland, I found some topiary-like leaf-covered letters at Michael’s, and strung that up on some burlap ribbon, along with some orange balloons.  Turned out cute!

As for food, we ordered pizzas from Papa Murphy’s and made a big salad for the main dish.  For sides, my mom and I made this green goddess dip, which turned out really well—nice and fresh, and perfect for carrot stick dipping.

I also made basic sugar cookies (our family recipe), which I decorated to look like eggs:

…and bunnies:

(candy eyes from Michael’s, and the noses were Cadberry eggs cut in half. Winking smile)

Finally, I made this cupcake and frosting recipe, dyed the frosting green, and turned the cupcakes into tiny little egg gardens:

Pretty cute, if I do say so myself!

Lila enjoyed the party for the most part.  I think she was a little taken aback by all of the people—we have a pretty big family.  Smile

By the time we got to the “cake smash” part of the party, she was basically having none of it:

DSC_0261DSC_0262

Oh well.  I think we’ll try again on her actual birthday.  Winking smile

Again, I really can’t believe that we threw a party for a ONE year old!  I’ll write more about this on her actual birthday, but trust me when I say that the past year has flown.

DSC_0247DSC_0191

DSC_0142DSC_0190

Next month she’ll be asking me for the car keys.  Sigh.

Hope you had a great holiday with friends and family!

1. April 3, 2013 7:41 pm

I cannot believe it’s been a year for both of us – how crazy does it feel? I can’t imagine what I did before Weston!!!

2. April 3, 2013 7:46 pm

I know – I can’t believe it’s been a year either. She has turned into such a sweet, fun, beautiful little toddler, with a giant personality! It was such a fun party and all the decorations and food were amazing – you really throw quite the party (I think that pimiento cheese dip really made the party special : ) ) Let’s throw another party together soon!

3. April 3, 2013 10:54 pm

Love the family picture! The cupcakes are adorable. Kay wasn’t much for the smash cake either. Happy birthday pretty girl!!

4. April 4, 2013 12:10 am

Gosh, I cannot believe you are celebrating Lila’s first birthday! And to think our kiddos haven’t even met yet. Hopefully we can change that this spring/summer. Love the party details!

5. April 4, 2013 5:09 am

Aww! I love it!!! Happy (almost) Birthday to Lila!!
    Loving all these pics. You’re probably the most stylish mom in the world.

6. April 4, 2013 11:42 am

AWWW, HAPY BIRTHDAY LILA!
    Hey, I think the one year birthday party is the most important! That famous cake photo is something that everyone cherishes (or…..cupcake in Lila’s case!). I love it.

7. Alex permalink
    April 4, 2013 8:44 pm

They were all very delicious. The cookies were gone in an instant thanks to all of the kids. I wish I could see you guys again. I miss you already! !!!!!

8. April 5, 2013 8:39 pm

Adorable pics and wow, the year has flown! My niece wanted nothing to do with the cake smash either. And your dress is adorable too! 🙂

9. April 5, 2013 11:27 pm

Thank you for sharing this year with us Anna. I’m far from this time, but I really love reliving it through you. Happy Birthday to your little princess!

10. April 6, 2013 3:59 am

Looks like a great time! I love her little birthday outfit. And that HAT!

I really can’t believe it’s been a year almost. It seems like just yesterday we were sitting in Jennifer’s living room with our round bellies, nodding along to everything she said, naively believing the things she was telling us would in some way prepare us for what the following weeks held in store.. HAH!

I hope you won’t think we’re copying, but I think Amelia’s birthday party is going to be loosely Peter Rabbit themed. I haven’t done a lot of planning, but I’ve picked that theme because my mom has a ton of Peter Rabbit stuff and I thought I could use some discount Easter stuff for it. And I bought a ton of bubbles, that’s the extent of the activities I have planned. We hope you guys will be able to make it!

• April 6, 2013 3:00 pm

Laura, I know– that REALLY doesn’t seem like a year ago!!

Peter Rabbit is a great theme– we’ll look forward to that party!! Let me know if you want to borrow our carrot garland, ha. And we need to get together to exchange bunny dresses!

11. April 7, 2013 11:42 am

Wow, one already!! Those cupcakes are ADORABLE. As is the birthday girl. And your dress!

12. April 8, 2013 11:20 pm

She’s 1?! Man!!
    The whole party looked adorable, I am totally loving those cupcakes. Great job 🙂