Mediterranean, Two Ways

March 11, 2013

Monday…groan.  And it feels like it, too—between daylight savings and a giant rainstorm that blew through this morning, we’re having a pretty drab day over here!

Let’s cast our minds back to the days of yesteryear—that is, Sunday.  When there was actual SUN.  Which we played in, quite willingly:

DSC_0078DSC_0081DSC_0057

Gotta love early spring days.  As much as I hate springing forward, I have to admit, it is REALLY nice to have that extra hour of daylight.

We had a few Mediterranean-type meals this weekend.  On Saturday night, we made some pasta with olives, feta, spinach, and shrimp:

Yum! Then, last night, we recycled some of the leftover olives and feta as…

CSC_0006

pizza toppings (along with red peppers and mushrooms).  This homemade dough has been in our freezer FOREVER.   Well, technically since August 19th, 2012.  You know—if you want to be specific about it.   We’re trying to use up all of our freezer food as much as possible before we move.

Just got back from teaching, and trying to get some work done before little bit wakes up from her nap.  Hope your Monday is off to a good start…maybe it’s sunny where you are!

1. March 11, 2013 3:54 pm

We had that rain yesterday. All.Day.Long. Yuck. Saturday was perfect though – 74 degrees, sunshine. And that pizza looks fantastic.

2. itzyskitchen permalink
    March 11, 2013 4:28 pm

Hope the sun comes out!! She is so so cute. Love her whole outfit and bow. Now I want shrimp…

3. March 12, 2013 4:36 am

Agreed on Monday, ugh. Adorable pics and I hope the sun comes back soon for you!

4. March 12, 2013 12:33 pm

It’s rainy and gloomy here in PA… the weekend was glorious though!

I’m trying to use up a bunch of our freezer supply just because I just keep shoving things in there and then months later I’m like, what is this? When is this from? How long can things last in the freezer? Sooooo time to eat what we already paid for!

5. March 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Monday was so drab here too! The sun is supposed to shine today and I’m so looking forward to a warm weekend (even though I work Saturday, UGH). Good luck with operation clean out the freezer. That can be scary and delicious…really it can go either way. The pizza looks like a winner though! Have a great day Anna!

6. March 12, 2013 10:00 pm

That pizza has my name all over it! My all time favorite pizza is banana peppers and feta cheese. SO dang good.

7. March 13, 2013 11:24 pm

I always seem to have old frozen pizza dough in my refrigerator and chicken. Bleh. Also, your daughter is cuter than Suri Cruise (not that it matters, but it’s fact).