A Tale of Two Balls

March 1, 2013

Giggle.

Giggle, giggle.

Okay—is it out of your system?  Mine too.  Let’s continue.

Earlier this week, I posted about my homemade lara bars, and mentioned that I was excited to try other flavor/ingredient combinations.

Voila:

Not one, but two new flavors!  Tropical walnut balls:

…and sweet chocolate date balls:

Both equally delicious! For the tropical balls, I combined: 1 cup walnuts, 1/4 cup dried pineapple pieces, 1/4 cup dried mango pieces, and 1/4 cup shredded coconut.

For the chocolate balls, I combined: 1 cup walnuts, 2 tbsp. cocoa powder, 4 pitted dates, and 1 tbsp. chia seeds.

Pulsed all ingredients in the food processor for about a minute, until it looked like this:

Then just rolled them into balls! You could also press them into a pan and cut them into squares or bars, as I did with the peanut butter cookie bars.

Placed into Tupperware, refrigerated, and ready for snacking:

Yum!

Off to do our house walk-through, and then we close in a few hours! Eek!

1. March 1, 2013 5:57 pm

They’re so pretty! And the combos in both sound delicious. Hope the walk-through/closing go well!! Closing requires too many signatures

2. March 1, 2013 8:12 pm

you have convinced me to stop buying lara bars and get cracking! these look delicious!

3. March 1, 2013 10:23 pm

Can you email me the tropical balls pretty please?

4. March 2, 2013 3:03 am

YUM! These both sound perfect!

5. March 2, 2013 2:25 pm

I really do love the dried mango and pineapple in these little tropical balls, ahem yes that I still haven’t gotten that outta my system, haha. Brilliant for (healthy) candy cravings! Hope all went well! 🙂

6. March 3, 2013 12:14 am

Is it wrong to say I want your balls?! 😉

7. March 3, 2013 3:37 pm

These are awesome, genius using dried fruits in them, I need to try that!

8. March 3, 2013 11:29 pm

What a perfect snack! I love Larabars, so naturally these sound delicious!

9. March 4, 2013 1:49 am

How tasty!! I like Larabars a lot, if not for anything else but the short and entirely pronouncable ingredient list. I guess I will add this onto my Sring Break to-do list. T minus ONE WEEK, but who’s counting?!

10. March 4, 2013 2:38 am

Seriously, you may be sending me over the edge, I just may have to go out and buy a food processor for these!!!!

Trackbacks

1. Pregnant? Get Motivated to Drop the Junk and Try These Granola Bites - Candid RD
  2. A Tale of Two Soups | On Anna's Plate