Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday Night

February 14, 2013

On Monday night, I teach poetry from 5:30 to 8:30.  On Tuesday night, it’s fiction.  I really, really like teaching these classes, but I’d be lying if I said I loved being away from Ryan and Lila on these night.  I don’t love it—frankly, it sucks.

But lately, Ryan has been taking more and more pictures on these nights, and it’s been really fun to be able to go through the camera when I get home from teaching.  It’s fun to see what they do while Mom is away!

On Monday night, for example, apparently Lila helped empty the dishwasher:

What a little helper!

They also did some reading (after a little bookshelf rearranging):

DSC_0034DSC_0030

Making Babies?  I don’t think so, Lila.

And then before bedtime, Ryan snapped this shot of our sweet girl:

Being away on Monday and Tuesday nights sucks, but I love getting to see the fun that these two have together—they’re quite the daddy/daughter team.

Of course, the BEST nights are the ones that we all get to spend together—like Wednesday nights! Last night, I made an easy vegetarian dinner that ended up being SUPER tasty—I love meals that just come together like that.

In some olive oil, I sauteed zucchini, eggplant, and tempeh, seasoned with garlic salt and pepper.  Ryan cooked up a pot of black rice, and then I made an easy sauce out of lemon juice, tamari, and tahini—so simple but SO good.  We served the veggies and tempeh over the rice, and then drizzled the sauce on top:

Great dinner…great company!

Happy Valentine’s Day! Hope your day is a great one!

1. February 14, 2013 3:16 pm

I want to come over for dinner! That last picture of your peanut is just so pretty. What an awesome little gal! Happy Valentine’s day

2. February 14, 2013 3:23 pm

I love that last picture of Lila! What a beauty!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

3. February 14, 2013 3:30 pm

Awww she’s such a cutie. And I love a lemon tahini sauce. So good and simple.

4. February 14, 2013 3:56 pm

LOL to all the books! Happy Vday 🙂

5. February 14, 2013 4:06 pm

Adorable pictures, just precious! And the tempeh dinner sounds fabulous!

6. February 14, 2013 4:13 pm

I would love to try that recipe. What a sweet little angel.

7. February 14, 2013 4:16 pm

Wes is also into the dishwasher and bookshelf re-arranging! Lila is such a sweetheart – happy Valentine’s day!!!

8. February 14, 2013 6:19 pm

It’s hard being away from the family activity on Tuesday and Thursday nights for me, but I do love how the boys all spend time together. Bonding is such a special thing! Can Lila please come help with my dishes? My boys really suck at that one! Have a great day Anna!