Top of the Muffin to You!

February 4, 2013

Top of the muffin TO YOU!!!!!

Good morning.  Smile   Just a little Seinfeld humor for this early Monday morning.  I’m up at school, about to venture into composition land (it’s a magical place…where there are never any comma splices…and everyone you meet knows how to properly cite an article in MLA format…), but I thought I’d share this delicious muffin recipe that we made over the weekend.  I made these on Saturday morning, and right now, we’ve already worked our way through at least half.

Good Morning Muffins

1/3 cup chopped pecans

1/3 cup shredded coconut

2-3 pieces crystalized ginger, minced

2 eggs

2/3 cup canola oil

1/3 cup maple syrup

1/3 cup almond milk (or regular milk)

Directions:

Heat oven to 375

In a small bowl, heat 1 cup water.  Add raisins and allow to sit for about five minutes (this will get them nice and plump).  Drain and set aside.

Combine flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl, whisking to combine.  Add carrots, zucchini, pecans, pineapple, coconut, raisins, and ginger.  Mix well.

In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, oil, syrup, and milk.  Add to dry ingredients, folding batter slowly and only mixing as much as you need to combine the batter.  Don’t over-mix!

Line muffin pans with linings.  Add batter to 3/4s full.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

You could easily substitute some of the fillings—add more dried fruit, less nuts, chocolate chips—whatever!  They’re pretty healthy, too—which is nice, because Lila was a big fan.

Pics:

Pretty, too!

Hope you have a great Monday! Off to shape the minds of today’s youth. Winking smile

1. February 4, 2013 2:27 pm

I never think to make muffins. Those look amazing.

2. lilveggiepatch permalink
    February 4, 2013 3:15 pm

Ahaha that’s one of my favorite episodes! On a slightly unrelated note… did you know the soup nazi is now driving a food truck?!

3. February 4, 2013 3:25 pm

My life is filled with Seinfeld humor! I guess that’s the glory that is Seinfeld. I need to make muffins today. These sound perfect for early morning fuel!

4. ginger635 permalink
    February 4, 2013 3:50 pm

Those look fabulous! And, they do look healthy. Have a good week!

5. February 4, 2013 4:13 pm

OOoh Adding these to my list of things to make!

6. February 4, 2013 5:06 pm

Love the sound of these muffins. And I love watching Seinfeld clips in the morning!

7. February 4, 2013 6:29 pm

AMAZING muffins! Cool ingredient list. I am a terrible writer….I get nervous even leaving you comments 😉

8. Susan permalink
    February 5, 2013 2:11 am

These look delicious! I can’t wait to try them. How many muffins does one batch make?

9. February 5, 2013 5:23 pm

We love Seinfeld, and I love a good muffin recipe. This one looks packed full of all the things you need to feel healthy and strong for a long day. Thank you for sharing…and thank you for your sweet words on my blog. They made my day.

10. February 6, 2013 3:09 am

Great Seinfeld bit, such a good show! And this recipe looks wonderful, great colors and texture!