Clementine Smoothie

January 27, 2013

What’s that you say?  You love smoothies?

Me too, friend.

And what?  You love clementines as well?

I hear ya.  You’re not the only one:

Ryan and I have always loved cuties.  And now that we have a child who can easily polish off two or three in one sitting, we’ve been buying bag after bag of the little orange bastards.

One way I’ve been enjoying them lately?  In smoothies.  They blend up really well and give a nice orange sweetness to any smoothie you add them to.  Like this one:

Orange Creamsicle Smoothie:

1/2 cup almond milk (or any other milk)

1/2 cup orange juice

1 clementine orange

1 scoop vanilla protein powder

2-3 ice cubes

Super easy.

Well, we’ve had a VERY quiet weekend around here.  It’s kind of nice, actually—the past few weekends were pretty busy, so laying low felt really good.

Off to enjoy Sunday and prep for the week ahead.  Have a good day!

1. January 27, 2013 2:15 pm

I’ve found that some of the clementines lately that I’ve bought have gotten mushy. This would be a great use for them. I assume they still taste fine, but they are mush.

2. January 27, 2013 4:00 pm

This smoothie looks great. Our tangerine tree is going nuts again, so I’ve been throwing 2-3 of them in my smoothies, so good with a fresh chunk of ginger!

3. January 27, 2013 4:04 pm

Kay is citrus fruit obsessed too! And now I”m eating them more too. I want this smoothie.

4. January 27, 2013 5:13 pm

This is one of my favourite smoothie combos….I mean who doesn’t love a dose of Vit C this time of year?! Enjoy your Sunday 🙂

5. January 27, 2013 8:14 pm

ahhhh delish! And Lila is getting so big!!!! She’s beyond adorable =)

6. January 28, 2013 12:00 am

Those little orange bastards are so good 😉
    This smoothie sounds heavenly. I love the addition of protein powder, I bet it tastes like a Flintstone sherbet pop!

7. January 28, 2013 5:31 am

This is like sunshine in a glass! I am ready to slap on my spf 15 and sport my movie star sunglasses!

8. January 28, 2013 11:43 am

I am such a fickle person when it comes to fruit. Sometimes I love it and other times I can go weeks without ingesting a single slice. This does sound like summer and considering it is going to be 80 on this lovely January day I might be able to trick myself into thinking it is!

9. January 31, 2013 10:34 pm

This is quite funny, I had never heard of a clementine smoothie until I made one up last week on a whim! I thought I was so clever hehe but they say great minds think alike :). In fact, I think we had clementine smoothies on the same day!! I’ll have to try your version, it sounds delish!