Doing Lunch

January 24, 2013

Afternoon!

Nothing but a typical Thursday over here: breakfast, Little Gym, lunch (for me), napping (by Lila, not me…unfortunately), and now I’m waiting for Lila to wake up so that she can do some eating.  Later this afternoon, I’ll be working my way through 50 composition essays.  Thrilling, I know.

Lunch was easy:

We got one too many bad avocados, and are now sticking with this Wholly Guacamole until summer rolls around.  It’s not as good as fresh avocado, but it’s pretty dang tasty.  Plus, I love having the 100 calorie packs pre-divided and ready to eat.

Brown rice wrap with guac and veggie burger, plus apple slices on the side.

And now I need to get to work and decide what we’re having for dinner.  It seems to be one of those days where *nothing* really sounds good.

What are you having for dinner?? Winking smile

See ya!

1. January 24, 2013 7:45 pm

It’s cold here again so tonight it’s going to be a green chili (poblano peppers, white beans, tempeh).

• January 24, 2013 8:36 pm

Yum! We’re supposed to get freezing rain tomorrow, but it’s still sunny today. This weather– gah!

2. January 24, 2013 8:40 pm

Those little packs rock! They’re so expensive 😦 but I still love them. I’m actually going out to dinner tonight, so I’m not much help. What about stir fry or bean burgers?

3. January 25, 2013 11:42 am

Seriously a bad avocado ruins the day! I have been on an avocado kick too. Lately dinner has been an avocado sandwhich with almond cheese and bubbies sweet pickles. Heaven!

4. January 25, 2013 2:22 pm

Bad avocados are so depressing, but very interesting on the guac packs! And lunch looks wonderful. A huge salad here for dinner to use up are avocados before they go bad. 🙂

5. January 25, 2013 2:38 pm

I’ve never heard of those guac packs. That lunch looks really good. I’m reading this on Friday, so that means it’s pizza night in our household. Of course, the baby will get something else – probably some broccoli mac and cheese I made for her earlier this week.

6. January 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Lunch looked healthy and delicious. I’m craving pizza tonight. Or possibly you potato leek soup! Happy Friday!

7. January 26, 2013 3:09 am

Jason found a fun tip on life hacker last year: You can mash up avocados, put them in a quart-sized freezer bag with a squeeze of lemon juice, and then you can have avocados all winter! I put a bunch in the freezer when they were cheap this summer. They taste great once they’re thawed!