Simplest Smoothie

January 20, 2013

There’s a weird thing that’s been happening this winter: I’ve been drinking smoothies.

Usually, the smoothie is something I reserve for summer.  It just seems so…*cold* for a winter breakfast.

But, for whatever reason (no, I’m not pregnant), smoothies have been sounding really good to me lately.  And I’m happy to give into that craving—you can get in practically all of your fruit and vegetable servings before noon!

That being said, as much as I like cramming my smoothies with berries and spinach and cucumber and kale, there is something to be said for a simple smoothie.  And that’s exactly what this:

…is.  Simple, easy, delicious.  Slightly reminiscent of milk punch.  Very reminiscent of milk punch if you decide to dress it up with brandy.  No judgment here.

Simplest Smoothie:

1 cup coconut water

2 tbsp. raw almond butter

1/2 banana

1 scoop chocolate protein powder

3-4 ice cubes

Put in blender and BLEND until smooth.  Smile

Even Tenny couldn’t resist a taste:

Yummy!

Happy Sunday!

1. January 20, 2013 2:36 pm

I oddly love smoothies in the winter too. This one sounds great. AB is a great add in

2. January 20, 2013 3:45 pm

I haven’t had a smoothie in forever. This sounds yummy!

3. January 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Looks great and I’m still a fan of smoothies in the winter too, especially after hot coffee. 🙂

4. January 20, 2013 9:32 pm

Yum!!

5. January 20, 2013 10:13 pm

It looks pretty and wintery!

6. January 20, 2013 11:59 pm

I love smoothies too. There really is something to be said for a simple one. I need to step back and make one like this soon. I always end up with my whole refrigerator in one smoothie. It really isn’t necessary!

• January 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Haha…I’m a big fan of the “whole refrigerator in a glass” smoothies as well. I definitely had to practice restraint with this one!

7. January 21, 2013 12:36 am

Hi Anna! Totally glad I’ve found your blog too! This smoothie sounds so good. Good call on the almond butter. I love nut butter in smoothies, and sometimes a nice sweet and simple one is perfect in the morning. This may now be my breakfast tomorrow morning, in fact… 🙂