Smooth Operator

January 15, 2013

Now you, too, can have Sade stuck in your head.  You’re welcome.

Morning!

Mondays are my lonnnnnnnng days, so when I wake up on Tuesday mornings with that day behind me, I’m already feeling better about the week.  And NEXT Monday, I won’t have to work at ALL, which will be extra nice.  PLUS, that’s my birthday weekend, so it will be extra EXTRA nice.

It’s all downhill from here, right?

This morning, a smoothie sounded just right for breakfast.  Sometimes I get weird cravings for smoothies in the winter, which is strange because it’s 35 degrees outside right now, but whatever.  I’ll go with it.

Greek yogurt is a strange food for me.  Sometimes I love it; sometimes it makes me want to gag.  And the problem is, I’ll never know which mood I’m going to be in during the week as I grocery shop, so sometimes I’ll end up with a lot of Greek yogurt in the fridge, and not be in the mood to eat it AT ALL.  Like this week.

Solution?

Put it in a smoothie.

I’m pretty sure you can throw anything into a smoothie and it will taste okay—spinach…yogurt…cats…

I kid, I kid.  We love you, Tenny.   And even if we put you in a smoothie, somehow, I think you’d find your way back to us.  “The cat came back” and all that jazz.

So no cat in this smoothie.  Just yogurt.  And berries.  And goodness.

Berry Blast Greek Yogurt Smoothie

1 container plain Greek yogurt (I love Fage)

3/4 cup almond milk

1/2 cup mixed berries

1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder

Directions:

BLEND.  Add more liquid as needed.  Smile

Delicious breakfast:

DSC_0022DSC_0034

Well…we’ve got a busy day ahead.  I’m going to a yoga class in a bit, then we have a playdate set up with some of our friends from Little Gym, and then I teach this afternoon and evening.

Get to it!

1. January 15, 2013 2:15 pm

I definitely have a one “tougher” week day. Its my Tuesday into Wednesday morning. I work then teach Body Attack and then have to teach Pump the next morning and work. Between that and taking care of the baby/cooking/etc…once Wednesday afternoon comes I feel relieved! The smoothie sounds delicious. Greek yogurts such an awesome way to sneak in more protein

2. January 15, 2013 5:30 pm

This week is probably going to kill me. I have to get up at 4:30am all week. It’s Tuesday and I’m already exhausted! Come on Friday! That will be my sleep in day and I’m gonna get to sleep until 5:30am. Sadly, that sounds so good to me right now…

The smoothie sounds delicious! Have a great day Anna!

• January 15, 2013 9:53 pm

DAMN Sarena! I’m the one with the baby, and I sleep in later than you!! 🙂

3. January 15, 2013 9:10 pm

I am a smoothie person in the winter too. It’s freezing here in Oregon, but instead of hot oatmeal I usually make a smoothie. Happy almost birthday!

4. January 15, 2013 11:28 pm

That smoothie does look great! I thought I should mention, since you didn’t, that your birthday next week will be the big THREE – OH (30), so congratulations are in order – you safely made it out of your 20’s!!

5. January 16, 2013 2:01 am

I never make smoothies or shakes, but for some reason, they’ve been looking amazing to me lately. This looks so good.

6. January 17, 2013 2:23 am

This sounds great. Meal smoothies with protein powders are my go to breakfasts on week mornings.

7. January 18, 2013 2:52 am

I think I need a smoothie like this one to start my crazy Mondays! It’d be worth crawling out of bed for at least 🙂