Thanks!

November 23, 2012

Well, Turkey Day has come and gone– I hope you had a great one! We decided to forego our usual turkey trot race (too crowded for a stroller since they’ve moved it to a trail run), and instead, Lila and I got our turkey trot on in the neighborhood.  We covered about 3.5 miles trotting, and then walked another mile.  I’m going to do a post soon about running with the BOB—it’s hard!!

After the trot, we came back home, showered, finished up the last of the cooking, and headed out to Lake Bistineau, a lake about 30 minutes outside of town where my family has a shared lakehouse.  It’s been tradition for the last four or five years to spend Thanksgiving at the lake, as long as the weather is pretty, and I’m so glad—it’s so beautiful out there.

This year, the weather was perfect—68 and sunny.  Warm enough to hang out outside, and cool enough to wear a sweater and boots. Smile

Here are some pictures from our beautiful Thanksgiving Day.  One of the things I love most about hanging out with my family at Thanksgiving is that there are a TON of kids—and now we’ve added our own little puppy to the litter!

They’re pretty cute.  Smile

DSC_0359DSC_0350

DSC_0398DSC_0288

DSC_0395DSC_0309DSC_0318

It was a great Turkey Day.  Hope you had a good one too! Enjoy the rest of the weekend…Smile

1. November 23, 2012 7:52 pm

We did our own turkey trot too!! So much fun!! Look at all those kids- what a blast. Kay’s the only kiddo on one side and one of three on the other.

2. November 23, 2012 10:41 pm

Awww love all the pictures! We had great weather too – love it when Thanksgiving is nice enough to be able to enjoy being outside.

3. November 24, 2012 1:10 pm

Glad you had a nice Turkey Day! I love Lila’s dress. It’s adorable.
    I did my own “turkey trot” around the neighborhood too. My first run in MONTHS, and needless to say, I’m sore. Very very sore!

4. Patti permalink
    November 24, 2012 11:56 pm

What a fun family day and Lila looks so cute in her dress

5. November 25, 2012 2:56 pm

Happy thanksgiving! Just caught up on all your posts. They are so sweet, especially Ryan’s day in the life. love your family of 3 ❤

6. November 26, 2012 12:40 am

Cute pics, looks like a wonderful day! I keep debating about a Thanksgiving race, but have yet to do one because there’s too much chaos going on! Good for you getting in a run!

7. November 29, 2012 4:12 am

Happy belated thanks giving to you 🙂