Christmas is coming…

November 16, 2012

Hi friends! I’m glad you enjoyed Ryan’s post.  He really is a top-notch dad.  We both know that we’re very lucky that our jobs give us flexible schedules that allow us to work (yay, money!), but to also spend large amounts of time with our child (yay, involved parenthood!).  I’ve always loved being married to a professor.  I mean, come on—professors are sexy:

….but I love it 100 times more now that we have Lila.  I’m very lucky to have a husband with a flexible job.  But I think the person who really lucks out in our situation is Lila.  She loves Ryan, and I think part of why that love is so strong is because they DO get to spend so much time together.  She’s a daddy’s girl.

It doesn’t bother me—she’s a mama’s girl, too.  Winking smile

Yesterday, Ryan had class in the afternoon.  Around 5:30, Lila and I hopped in the car to meet him at our local outdoor mall, Bridge Street.  When we were contemplating the move to Huntsville, I did a quick google search to see what they had in terms of restaurants and shopping.  “THEY HAVE ANTHROPOLOGIE!!!!!” I told Ryan.  “I WANT TO GO TO THERE!”

And so, here we are.  Living in a city with an Anthropologie less then ten minutes away.  That’s the dream, right?

Anyway, Bridge Street is home to Anthropologie, so I find myself there pretty frequently.  It’s actually a great place to stroll with Lila—they have a nice walking path around some ponds, and a big carousel that I’m sure Lila will enjoy immensely in just a few short years.

At Christmastime, Bridge Street puts up a GIANT tree…and the tree-lighting ceremony was last night!   There were carolers, lights…lots of holiday spirit on display!

Lila fell asleep on the car ride over:

…but woke up pretty quickly when the festivities started!

Some shots from the night:

DSC_0217DSC_0224

Lots of fun.  I know some people eschew holiday activity until after Thanksgiving…but I’m  pretty much okay with singing Christmas carols in July. Winking smile

After watching the carolers for a while, including this high school group of girls whose rendition of “Santa Baby” was a little too Mean Girls-esque:

…we headed to PF Chang’s for dinner.  Lila has been doing great during meals out—she’s still perfectly content to sit in her car seat while we eat, drink, and chat.  Our meal last night probably lasted over an hour, and she was awake and great through all of it!

DSC_0239DSC_0241

We’re lucky that she’s still so good at restaurants! I know these days are limited…. Smile

Hope you’re having a great Friday! Gotta go teach!

1. November 16, 2012 6:50 pm

you and your girl are SO GORGEOUS!

2. November 16, 2012 7:37 pm

I’m super jealous you have an Anthropologie. The closest one to me is two hours away! Do enjoy this time when she’s amiable during meals. My son is 11 months old and, well, we’ll be eating in for a while.

3. November 16, 2012 8:10 pm

Thanks baby! It’s no wonder that bit loves you too. You’re a great mom!

4. November 16, 2012 10:58 pm

Could you blame Lila, I mean her dad is Cat Stevens! 😉

Sounds like you three have quite the bond and such a great relationship. I’m so happy for you. I know it’s been a huge change, but there is nothing better than having a great little family of your own.

5. November 17, 2012 1:13 am

SO fun! Our tree lighting ceremony is tomorrow and I plan to bring Kay too. As much as I miss her being quiet/sleeping through meals out, I love watching her walk, move, grow, change! Its worth the tougher times we have at restaurants now

6. November 18, 2012 4:57 am

I wish Anthropologie wasn’t so close to me. I just go and admire all the clothes I can’t afford!

7. November 18, 2012 4:57 am

What a fun evening! We have a similar shopping center close by that goes all out for the holidays and I’m all for celebrating Christmas early – bring it on! 🙂

8. November 19, 2012 3:49 am

Such pretty pictures! And Anthro…Love that store. Love it!

9. November 19, 2012 1:31 pm

So fun! Can I just say that I am so jealous of your life. (In a good way! 😉 Love you guys!