Weekend Update

November 5, 2012

We had a busy weekend over here!  On Friday night, we went to a Dia de los Muertos party.  Then, on Saturday…I hopped a plane!

The group that I studied abroad with in college ten years ago was having  ten year reunion get-together, so I headed to Charleston, SC for a quick trip—a VERY quick trip.  Less than 20 hours! But—it was worth it.  I got to see some friends and professors that I hadn’t seen since graduating from college, and it was really fun to look at old pictures and tell (and re-tell) some of our favorite stories from our time abroad.

I love my alma mater:

photo (83)

And I happen to think that the College of Charleston has one of the world’s prettiest campuses:

photo (84)

(not that I’m biased or anything…)

After dinner at a local French restaurant, a few of us got drinks on a rooftop bar:

photo (85)photo (86)

photo (87)

Things got a little crazy.  Smile  It was really great to reconnect with old friends.

This morning, after a run in the Charleston harbor, I caught an early plane back to Huntsville, and was back in time to hit the park for some swinging with my favorite girl:

photo (74)photo (75)

photo (76)photo (77)

photo (78)photo (79)

photo (81)photo (82)

My sweet bit.

I’m excited for this week.  I’ve been showing Food, Inc. in my comp classes, so we’re talking about the film this week.  I’ll be interested to see what my students think about it.

I’m also, like almost everyone, ready to get this election show on the road:

photo (88)

(Yes, we’re Obama supporters.  Two liberal arts academics—shocking, right?)

Can’t wait to cast our votes on Tuesday and find out who the big winner will finally be.  This has seemed like a very long election season, and I’m ready just to know who  the winner is, and who’ll lead our country for the next four years.

I hope you had a great weekend, and are ready for another week.  Ready or not…

1. November 5, 2012 5:20 am

I wish I had known you were in Charleston! I would have come and run with you 🙂

• November 5, 2012 1:12 pm

I know, Erica– ONE of the days, I WILL be in Charleston for more than 20 hours, and we’ll have to get together!!!

2. November 5, 2012 12:12 pm

Oh no, you dared to share your political view on your blog?! MAny, I’m terrified to even mention the word ELECTION around some of my family and friends! But, just because I feel like I can do this….I’m with you (and Lily) on Obama 😉

Glad you had a nice weekend with old friends. I graduated from MIami University in Ohio and I’ve only been back twice. One of these days I’ll go back again and seriously, I can’t WAIT!

3. November 5, 2012 12:39 pm

LOVE those swing pictures! She does love it, doesn’t she? Glad you got to go to Charleston. I miss visiting you there!

4. November 5, 2012 1:22 pm

I love her Obama outfit!

5. November 5, 2012 3:08 pm

Sounds like a great trip!

6. Patti permalink
    November 5, 2012 7:17 pm

Love the pictures of Lila. Charleston is on my list for a visit soon.

7. November 6, 2012 2:59 am

Great pics, looks like a blast! Agreed on the election stuff, I’m getting so tired of the political Facebook posts! 😛

8. November 6, 2012 3:36 pm

So ready to find out the winner as well…this does seem to be a very long election season!

9. Stacey permalink
    November 6, 2012 10:22 pm

Glad you had a fun weekend that included rooftop drinks and swinging! It’s all about balance! And G’Obama!