On Halloween…

November 1, 2012

Someone didn’t want to wear her lion costume…

Photo: This is a child who is very excited about her Halloween costume.

This is the closest we got to a smile all afternoon.

I can’t say I blame her.  As my friend Keverlee pointed out, the headpiece looks remarkably like a mop.

She changed into Halloween pj’s instead:

photo (65)

…and drank some dinner.

Ryan and I invited some friends over to hand out candy with us.  We made a biggggggg pot of chili:

…and drank beer with spooky labels:

photo (64)

(am I wrong, or was there a Nancy Drew book with almost this exact same image on its cover?!?)

…and told ghost stories and passed out candy and ate wayyyyy too much candy ourselves, long after Lila had gone to bed.  We’ve figured out that this is a pretty great method of entertaining.  Lila’s white noise machine keeps the nursery nice and quiet, and these days, she goes down pretty much without a hitch (although she did provide a little spooky crying last night—I think she was just trying to set the mood for the trick or treaters Smile).

She went to bed around 7:45, and our friends stayed over for a few more hours, telling stories about clown statues and  melonheads and frog people and white witches.

It was a pretty perfect Halloween night.  Hope you had a great one too!

1. November 1, 2012 1:22 pm

How fabulous! She looks so cute (in costume and PJs). What a great night

2. November 1, 2012 3:37 pm

Aw….she’s too cute for words!

3. November 1, 2012 6:53 pm

LOL – nope, can’t imagine why she wasn’t happy 😉 Though I must say that the costume looks nice and warm!

4. November 1, 2012 8:21 pm

Sounds like you guys had a great Halloween! I enjoyed the fact that the boys went out alone to trick or treat. It was so weird, but so comforting at the same time.

5. November 3, 2012 11:30 am

Sounds like a fun Halloween! Lila looked adorable in her outfit. We had lots of trick or treaters but still had candy left over for us – perfect!!

6. November 4, 2012 3:24 pm

What a fun night, sounds perfect and adorable pics. I always feel guilty if I don’t stay home and hand out candy.

7. Kev permalink
    November 6, 2012 1:14 am

Are they Halloween pajamas because they look like the ones the baby wears in the Labyrinth? Slap that baby, make him pee!