What We Did This Weekend

September 30, 2012

Drank this beer:

IMG_2783

…which was awesome.  I’ve had trouble finding a pumpkin beer that I absolutely love, but the search might be over.  This beer was really spicy and not at all overly pumpkin-y or sweet.  Hit the spot after a long (LONG) week.

We hit up the Huntsville Dog Fair on Saturday, which we also attended last year:

DSC_0059 DSC_0078

Ah, the “I’m pregnant, but right now I just look fat” phase of pregnancy.  So fun.  I do not miss that.

The fair has a parade of breeds, and we showed both of the dogs last year.  This year, we missed the terriers (sorry, Baxter!), but made it just in time for the herding dogs, so Ella proudly took her place in the show again.

IMG_2814

There was only one other cattle dog last year—a female puppy named Leah—and she and her owner were back this year again:

Cattledog reunion!

Fun was had by all:

People told us endlessly that once we had a baby, our dogs would become less important, or would “just be dogs” to us.  Clearly this is not the case for all new parents.  :-)

I love all my kids equally:

IMG_2815

😉

The fair takes place on Monte Sano state park, and we spent a little time hiking around and taking some pictures while we were there.  We found a Japanese Tea Garden in one area of the park, which made for great picture taking:

DSC_0134 DSC_0143

Lila had fun crawling on this bridge—she’s working REALLY hard at becoming mobile:

DSC_0192 DSC_0193

DSC_0191 DSC_0189

Ryan went old school dad by bringing out the old “chewing on the baby’s foot” trick:

DSC_0165 DSC_0166 DSC_0171

But apparently it’s going to take more than that to impress our child:

Best. Picture. Ever.  I have a feeling we’ll be seeing that face, oh, another 100,000 times over the next eighteen years.

We topped off Saturday night with a rousing game of Apples to Apples with friends.  And now, I’m transitioning Lila’s clothes from summer to fall/winter.  It makes me so sad to pack up her tiny little sleeveless onesies and dresses.  But it also means that this:

IMG_2816

…gets to happen in the near future.  And that will be awesome.

Hope you had a great weekend!

1. September 30, 2012 6:19 pm

You look fabulous! And how cute is your peanut!! Love the face. Yayyy for halloween

2. September 30, 2012 10:00 pm

I’m glad to hear you say that about loving your dogs. It’s one of my fears that if we have a kid, we won’t love Murphy as much or at least he won’t think we do.

I love Lila’s “Why are you eating my feet?” look.

• October 1, 2012 3:13 pm

You know, I’m not going to lie and say that the dogs loved her right away– it’s been a learning process, for sure. 🙂 But, they’re REALLY attached to her now, in a way that is super sweet. And she LOVES them.

3. October 1, 2012 3:58 am

Thanks for the post Anna- love getting a peak into your days. LOVE the tea garden photos!

4. October 1, 2012 11:55 am

I want that outfit! Would that be weird for me to wear something like that? I love that look Lila is giving Ryan. Seriously, just wait until she figures out how to roll her eyes. Max is a champ at that one. Sounds like a great weekend Anna! I hope you have a great week!

• October 1, 2012 3:14 pm

Hahaha…about 90% of the things Lila wears, I immediately think, “I want that in MY size!!!” And don’t even get me started on her vibrating pod seat and swing. I need those in my life!

5. Patti permalink
    October 1, 2012 2:50 pm

Thanks for sharing the great pictures. Fun weekend!

6. Nathaniel permalink
    October 1, 2012 3:04 pm

I couldn’t you and your family any more.

7. October 1, 2012 4:56 pm

Loooove that picture, so hilarious!

8. October 1, 2012 8:39 pm

Such a cute post! I need to try that beer, looks fabulous!

9. October 1, 2012 9:19 pm

Love the toes shot! Priceless! Lila is seriously ADORABLE 🙂 Can’t tell you how refreshing it is to hear that your dogs are still furkids! Major pet peeve of mine is ppl who turn them into “just dogs.” Oh and the pumpkin outfit? I die!! ❤

10. Erin permalink
    October 4, 2012 2:15 am

STANDING?? Is she trying to stand?? That girl amazes me…way advanced at 6 months! Way to go mom and dad you did/are doing something right! 🙂 My nephew is only a week behind her and I *think* he only rolls over when he’s not being lazy, as far as I know.