Wanna Be a Crawler

August 13, 2012

Look who showed up on our doorstep yesterday afternoon:

Miss Sophie Rose!  She wasn’t traveling alone…my mom and sister are here too.  🙂

They decided to come to Huntsville for a little mini-trip…and we’re so glad that they did! Lila is having fun spending time with more family…although there was a bit of crying when they first got here.  I guess stranger anxiety is setting in already—it seems a bit early, but she definitely was NOT happy to be held by anyone besides her mom or dad last night.  Hopefully it will subside today.

Last night, we grilled burgers:

Lila practiced sitting in her high chair like a big girl:

Doesn’t she look so *small* in there?!?  I guess she’ll grow into it!

After dinner, Sophie was excited to see that our yard LIGHTS up with fireflies every night.

Did you know that fireflies are basically impossible to capture on camera?  I promise, there were hundreds of them.

We spent quite a while watching them, chasing them, catching them:

DSC_0021 DSC_0039 DSC_0016

DSC_0027 DSC_0031 DSC_0023

…and then came back up to the table for some ice cream:

Not just “some” ice cream, I should say—the BEST ice cream.  That’s thirty dollars worth of Jeni’s ice cream right there.  The price tag is kind of absurd…but then, the ice cream is absurdly delicious, so I guess it makes sense?

And I’ll leave you with a video from this morning:

She is SO ready to see the world.  Soon enough, little girl.

1. August 13, 2012 3:18 pm

what high chair did y’all get? we’re going to have to look into getting one soon!

OH and i just have to share – so i feel like Wes is still so tiny, and yesterday we ran into some friends with a 10-month-old (Wes is 5 months) and Wes is probably twice this kid’s size. yikes…

• August 13, 2012 7:30 pm

It’s a Graco– we got it at a garage sale in our neighborhood for dirt cheap, and like it pretty well so far!

Hahaha…I’ve done that with Lila too. When we were in Nantucket, we saw another seven week old, and I just about fell out of my chair when I heard how old she was– she was TINY!! Funny how they’re all different…almost like they’re real human beings or something. 😉

2. August 13, 2012 4:19 pm

LOL – glad she’s not already driving herself there 😉 I haven’t seen any fireflies – I think they must be burnt up in this heat!

• August 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Yeah, my mom said that they haven’t had fireflies in Louisiana in years. Funny how that works!

3. August 13, 2012 4:34 pm

Oh my gosh she is too cute! Max never really crawled. He did an army crawl forever and then took off walking. Lila is just adorable! Have fun with your family!

4. August 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Skylar just saw the little girls and was like THEY ARE SO CUTE!! 🙂

5. August 13, 2012 6:55 pm

awwwwwwwwww 🙂 Look at her try and try! So exciting. Good food always seems to be worth a little extra $!

6. August 14, 2012 12:04 am

Baby has grown up so much!! She’s soo adorable – I love how focused she always seems 🙂

• August 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Thanks Erin! Yep, when she decides to focus on the task at hand, she REALLY focuses! 🙂

7. August 14, 2012 2:11 am

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! And your little one is so adorable! Love the pic of her in the chair!

8. August 14, 2012 10:51 am

You know where Jeni’s ice cream is made? Right down the street from me! Pretty cool, right?! Nine dollars a pint. It’s crazy. I’m too cheap for that, but sometimes we splurge.

She’s so close to crawling!! Love the video.

9. August 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Well hello Miss Sophie Rose. You and Lila are going to be best friends one day!! 🙂

10. August 15, 2012 3:22 am

Adorable pics, how fun with fireflies – I miss them!