Tramp Stamp

July 12, 2012

Yesterday, Ryan and I rode our bikes to the beach and took a long beach walk.  We’ve been able to get away for a little alone time almost every day since we’ve been here, which is so nice.  My mom is really great about taking Lila—but why would she not want to spend time with this little lady?

Still, taking care of a baby is hard work, and we’re super-appreciative that my family has been so great about helping us out on this trip.  It allows us to take in scenes like this:

DSC_0986 DSC_1027

DSC_1005 DSC_1001

…and have conversations that don’t revolve strictly around baby poop.  Although, the conversations DO always seem to circle back around to Lila eventually.  🙂

Another fun thing we did yesterday?

DSC_0946 DSC_0962

We experimented with some temporary tattoos.  Yes, that is a rose tattoo on our 3 month old.  That is one bad ass baby.  And a few people have commented that Sophie bears a striking resemblance to Iggy Pop:

Photo: or a REALLY younger, REALLY prettier version of this...

Scary.

We also made a delicious dinner:

Pasta with scallops, clams, and mussels.  This was my first time actually cooking mussels at home—I love ordering them at restaurants, but have always shied away from cooking them myself.  I’m not sure why—they’re SO easy! We just sauteed some onion and garlic, added the seafood and some seafood stock, wine, and butter, and let it cook until the shells opened—about 10 minutes.  So easy, and super delicious.

Lila’s dinner wasn’t nearly as exciting:

So sweet.  That girl loves her pop.

1. July 12, 2012 1:46 pm

Oh the daddy baby girl pictures…melt my heart! I’m so glad you two are getting some time together. That definitely helps! Dinner looks so good! I love easy summer time meals like that!

• July 12, 2012 2:05 pm

I know– any time I feel regretful about not being able to breastfeed, I think about how happy I am that they’ve had bottle time as bonding time. Ryan loves being able to feed her!!

2. akismet-533c777c4caa470eb2855c75dd8e4763 permalink
    July 12, 2012 2:06 pm

So when does she get baby’s first Harley?

3. July 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Cute, so sweet of your mom to help and glad you’re getting some alone time. Love the tattoos!

4. July 12, 2012 7:46 pm

You are the coolest person ever! I love that you put a temp tattoo on Lila…that seriously just made you my hero! haha!

5. July 13, 2012 10:56 am

Getting the tramp stamp pretty early there!! Now all she needs is a nose ring and a HArley. haha
    Her eyes are just beautiful. They are HUGE and she’s going to be a guy magnet, I can tell already.
    That dinner looks awesome. I haven’t had scallops in way too long, thanks for the reminder. Perhaps that will have to be on our special Friday menu tonight!

6. July 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Lila is so cute! Probably the cutest baby on the internet at this moment! So tiny in her dad’s arms. And you are looking pretty good yourself!

7. Patti permalink
    July 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Thanks for sharing your fun times in Nantucket! She just gets cuter by the day:)

8. July 14, 2012 2:41 am

I’m so glad that you have help and can take breaks at the beach. Gorgeous photos. Love that last one!