Laid-Back Fourth

July 5, 2012

One thing I’m realizing more and more now that we have a baby is that everything is going to be a lot more unscheduled—especially vacations!

Of course, we already kind of figured this out:

…even before Lila came along.  🙂

Yesterday, we hung out in our pjs for a while:

DSC_0714 DSC_0716

And then eventually we got dressed:

…and headed to one of our favorite places on the island:

Bartlett’s Farms! They sell all sorts of produce and gourmet food items—everything from just-picked veggies to homemade pies to cranberry granola and blueberry honey.

We picked up some necessities for the next few lunches and dinners, and then headed back to the house for a little more relaxation:

You can’t beat a good afternoon nap on vacation.  Especially when your morning wakeup call now comes at 5:30.  🙂

Yesterday afternoon, Ryan and I left Lila with the grandparents and went for a beach walk on our own:

DSC_0759 DSC_0749

I love that baby, but it’s definitely nice to get some alone time too!  🙂

After our beach walk, we had a Fourth of July hotdog dinner…watched a few fireworks from afar…and then headed to bed.

Hope you had a great Fourth!

1. July 5, 2012 11:34 am

Happy Fourth, and happy FIRST FOURTH to Lila! What a cutie.
    Glad you’re having a nice vacation, and getting some alone time with Ryan. That beach looks so peaceful.

2. July 5, 2012 12:42 pm

Looks like a great day! And I love your hair!! so cute!

3. July 5, 2012 1:04 pm

Sounds absolutely perfect!

4. July 5, 2012 1:21 pm

I totally hear you! Looks like you’re having a fabulous vacation. Time alone is wonderful 🙂

5. July 5, 2012 1:21 pm

Beautiful pics, sounds like a perfect day!

6. July 5, 2012 4:32 pm

i cannot get over how adorable Lila is – she’s such a cutie! and i’m totally with you on the being alone thing – i love wes so stinking much, but it’s so great to just be alone with my hubby too 🙂

7. July 5, 2012 6:22 pm

Sounds like a great vacation day to me! You are super cute too! Love the haircut!

8. July 6, 2012 9:49 pm

Sounds like a wonderful vacation! I agree…I love my babies, but it’s nice to get away every once in a while too! 🙂