Back In It

June 12, 2012

Only a few weeks ago, I was telling my sister that, since giving birth in April, the urge to run hadn’t really hit me—and I thought it might not hit again for a long, long time, if ever.

Photo: Getting back in it.  http://instagr.am/p/LvOlZTCUx7/

Well, it’s back.

Running is a funny thing.  I don’t think it’s the best exercise for weight loss.  I don’t think it’s the best exercise for maintaining a young body, or even a healthy one.

But DANG does it feel good.  I hopped off that treadmill at the gym yesterday feeling noodle-y, proud, and completely de-stressed.

Last night, we made an easy stir-fry for dinner.  Yesterday, I discovered that our Target now carries the full line of Gardein products—yum!  I *try* to stay away from faux meats—not because I don’t like them (HELLO soy nuggets), but because I know they’re not the best for you.  But, I think that of all the faux meat products out there, Gardein makes some of the best—real ingredients without filler that actually taste really, really good.

Last night, we made our broccoli and “beef” stir-fry with Gardein beef tips:

You can’t even tell the difference, right?

Tasty!

Have a great Tuesday!

1. June 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Way to go on your run!

2. June 12, 2012 3:49 pm

M favorite “fake” meat brand is Quorn. I love it because it is soy free! And I think it tastes really good!! Congrats on the run. I am amazed by the fact that after 10 months of no running you were still able to bust out 4 miles in 38 minutes. That is awesome!!

3. June 12, 2012 4:37 pm

So happy to hear your feeling inspired to run and you did it and loved it. That’s fabulous!

4. June 12, 2012 5:56 pm

I could not agree more with you on running…I just wished I liked it. I’m so glad you are starting to feel more like yourself! Dinner looks perfectly delicious too!

5. Ginger635 permalink
    June 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Good for you! Next thing I know you’ll be doin some”mudder” event with your sister (I’ll keep the kids)

6. June 12, 2012 6:09 pm

I agree, Gardein makes some pretty awesome products. I don’t eat them a lot, but I do enjoy them!! Glad you got your run on

7. June 12, 2012 6:41 pm

wow, that stir-fry looks sooo incredibly good! Your pictures are simply beautiful (: I really love your blog, it inspires me so much, thanks for sharing!

8. June 12, 2012 6:48 pm

Yay for being back in the running game!! Such a great feeling. I really do like the Gardein products too. I wish our Target carried them.

9. June 13, 2012 1:47 am

Great job on the run! Have you seen the Lean Cuisines made with Gardein? I think they’re really good. Hey, sometimes a frozen meal happens, right?!

10. June 13, 2012 11:33 am

Good for you!! I really hope I don’t fall off the wagon when it comes to workouts, when I get pregnant. I just have to remind myself how GREAT it feels Sometimes that’s easier said than done….
    We just got a new line of vegetarian products where I work, and I cant think of what they are called. I cant wait to try them though.

11. June 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Awesome job on the run! And dinner looks wonderful, Gardein is starting to show up in more restaurants around here which is alright with me. 🙂

12. June 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Good job! I am your virtual running buddy! I find that when an older person looks so good at there age and I ask them what’s up, they always say that they run..The body was made for running!

13. June 20, 2012 2:24 pm

Nice pace!! What exercise do you think is the best for weight loss? I would’ve sworn running would be #1!

• June 20, 2012 2:36 pm

Honestly, I’m not sure! I say that about running because it SPARKS my appetite like no other exercise– I always thought I would lose weight when I trained for the half marathons I ran, but I never did and I think it’s because I was starving all the time from the longer runs, ha!