Makin’ Meals, Makin’ Friends

June 7, 2012

Helllllo!  I’m posting a little late today– we’ve had a busy morning over here!

But, backing up to last night…

I got in the kitchen again and made this easy pasta dish.  This was whole wheat pasta, topped with chicken sausage, kale, onions, red peppers, and golden raisins.  I know raisins probably sound like a strange addition, but they’re actually really tasty with the other flavors.  Give it a go sometime.

Yum!

Today has been all about activity.  Lila and I went walking with a moms group that I found through meet-up.com.  I met four other moms with babies/toddlers, and got a great workout pushing the stroller up Huntsville’s Monte Sano.  Now that Lila is a little older and we can get out of the house more reliably, I’d like to start doing more with other moms.   Meeting new people is definitely outside of my comfort zone—I’m not a very outgoing person.  BUT— a girl needs friends! And a new mom definitely needs other mothers to rely on and commiserate with.  I kind of have to push myself to get out there and socialize, but I’m always glad when I do.

And after we met up with our new friends, we reconnected with an old friend as well! I took Lila back to my pre-natal yoga studio to take a class with my instructor, Holley! Actually, I haven’t even known Holley for a full year yet, but she *feels* like an old friend.  I adored my pre-natal yoga class, and doing some post-natal yoga with Lila napping alongside me, as opposed to inside of me, was kind of a surreal experience!

And now I’m wiped.  This might have been our busiest morning since Lila was born! And the day isn’t over yet…I think we’re heading to the Farmers’ Market this afternoon!

See ya!

1. June 7, 2012 8:18 pm

i need to find a new moms group out here too – of course we have friends with kiddos, but it’d be awesome to meet some women who have babies that are actually Wes’s age, not 9 months older!

2. June 7, 2012 9:14 pm

Wow! That’s quite a day you two have had!! Hope you find some good stuff at the Farmer’s Market!!

3. June 7, 2012 10:42 pm

Pasta salad looks fantastic. I had a friend just mentioning meet-up.com. Glad you’re meeting people!

4. June 7, 2012 11:17 pm

I love adding raisins to savory dishes (in fact, I just ate a Thai salad with a few tossed in). this pasta looks awesome. Glad you and Lila are getting out on the town!

5. June 8, 2012 12:13 am

What a fun day! Glad you met up with the other mama’s! And I am a huge raisin fan…that work so well in unexpected places

6. Ginger635 permalink
    June 8, 2012 12:01 pm

I’m proud of you. That’s definitely stepping out, but you’ll really enjoy a mom’s group! LOVED the smile pics!

7. June 8, 2012 12:20 pm

I found my running group on meetup.com! Good job getting out there 🙂

8. June 8, 2012 6:59 pm

Wonderful story about your day and I’ve been loving your use of kale so often lately. I wanted to try it over and over again and I think my thoughts manifested it because my mother-in-law came home with some today…so tonight I try it for the first time!

9. June 9, 2012 3:43 pm

Great day and, wow, busy! Dinner looks wonderful, love the creative add of raisins. I never get tired or adding fruit to stir fries. 🙂