What We’ve Been Doing…

May 28, 2012

Hi friends!! Happy Memorial Day!

I know I disappeared on you—sorry about that!  Sometimes I find that when I decide to take one day off from blogging…it turns into two…then three…then seven.

Ryan and I drove with the dogs over to Shreveport last week, and since then, we’ve basically just been spending time with my family.

Lila is spending LOTS of time with her dog pack:

My parents’ dog Dudley is very interested in Lila…but Baxter has taken on the role of bodyguard, and makes sure that Dudley never gets *too* close:

…and spending lots of time with cousin Sophie too,  of course:

…who has decided that she, also, is still a baby.  🙂

We’ve even managed to sneak in a few naps:

…and yesterday, we had a sip ‘n’ see in Lila’s honor.  She did great—slept for the first hour, being passed around from friend to friend, and then woke up rested and happy.  She’s been smiling more and more—but I’ve yet to capture it on camera.

We took some family pictures yesterday, but it took a few tries:

…to get some good ones:

Hope you have a great Memorial Day!

1. May 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Looks like fun! You are looking great! 🙂

2. May 28, 2012 2:49 pm

I LOVE Lila’s face in that first outtake photo. She’s like ‘huh? What’s going on here?’ She still manages to look gorgeous though!

3. Patti permalink
    May 28, 2012 3:15 pm

It is great to see the new pictures and see the fun times in Shreveport. Hav e asafe trip home.

4. May 28, 2012 3:22 pm

Great post with so many cute pics! Love the Lila’s expressions, so precious! And I adore your parent’s kitchen, I want the cabinets! 🙂

5. May 28, 2012 3:40 pm

glad you guys were able to get away & have some fun!

6. May 28, 2012 3:52 pm

Beautiful Anna!! I can’t wait to see Lila smiling! 🙂

7. May 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Your baby is so darn cute! In all of the photos. And exceptionally cute really. I can’t wait until she is like 1 year old and you start taking photos of her walking and smiling and laughing!

8. Emo permalink
    May 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Is Ella guarding you, Lila, or both? It looks like she’s enjoying her bodyguard role, too!

9. May 29, 2012 10:39 am

A great family time you had yesterday 🙂 Love the photos.

10. May 29, 2012 1:46 pm

I can’t get over how much hair she has! Love these pics, glad you had some quality family time 🙂

11. May 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Lila’s expression on the one with your eyes closed is priceless! Looks like a great family weekend! I love how the dogs are all loving on her. So sweet!

12. Baroque Diva permalink
    May 31, 2012 5:40 am

Oh my goodness, that second photograph made me laugh outloud- the adorable toddler cousin, the dog, and baby on the floor. An absolutely hysterical shot- love it! 🙂 Everyone is adorable.

13. June 5, 2012 7:30 pm

The dogs look like they’ve struck a great relationship with Lila already! I’m hoping Sadie is just as good when we have kids!