Wowza Workout + Pasta Dinner

May 3, 2012

Hello, hello! Mid-week already?

We had an interesting morning over here—Lila got the hiccups during playtime and vomited all over her play mat (and her hair…and my robe…and my hair…).  Welcome to my life, friends. 🙂

Actually, it wasn’t that bad…she was nice and clean after a morning bath…ready to take on the world again:

At noon, I ventured over to a workout spot that I’ve been wanting to try for months now: Pure Barre.  Have you heard of this workout?

It’s a combination of pilates, ballet, and yoga.  You do exercises with resistance bands, light weights, and balls.  Sounds pretty simple, right?

Ummmm…simple, yes.  Easy?  NO.  My legs were seriously SHAKING by about halfway through the hour-long workout.  Like, earthquake shaking.  Thirteen year-old girl meeting Justin Bieber shaking.  Lindsay Lohan on the first day of rehab shaking.

Each exercise was simple enough—little movements, squats, and pulses.  But by the end of each segment, my body was on fire.  It was unlike any workout I’ve ever done.

I loved it.

I mean, I kind of hated it and wished I were dead halfway through…but I loved it.

I signed up for a new members deal—unlimited classes for the first month for 100 dollars.  Seems kind of pricey, I know, but I think these classes could be perfect for helping me to get back into shape after baby.  They’re very low-impact, which is nice—I love running, but I probably need to take it easy on the running for at least another few weeks.  Plus, the Pure Barre class is all about strengthening and toning, which is exactly what my body needs right now.

Anyway, I’ll let you know how they go!

Dinner tonight was easy—another vegetarian pasta dish!  Chickpeas, asparagus, and cherry tomatoes, sauted with olive oil and white wine, and served over pasta with goat cheese on top:

Easy but delicious!

Have a great night!

1. May 3, 2012 12:42 am

I’ve heard really great things about barre classes. I’m curious to see how you like it!

2. May 3, 2012 12:45 am

At least she’s cute right 😉 My friends Jess & Jo teach a version of Barre. So glad you enjoyed it. And dinner looks so good.

3. May 3, 2012 2:01 am

While I could easy Google what “barre” classes consist of, I’m glad someone took the time to explain it…in simple terms. It “sounds” deceivingly simply. Clearly, not! P.S. Cutest baby everrr!

4. May 3, 2012 11:16 am

I’m super interested in that workout…I like exercising at home because I save myself some embarrassment (I have zero flexibility) but maybe going to a class would be a great extra push. And good for you, it motivated me to up the level on my workouts.

5. May 3, 2012 12:12 pm

I imagine Barre is like Core Fusion, which I LOVE! It’s sneaky since it looks easy, but you are so right, it’s tough. I love how it makes me feel afterwards though. I feel long, muscular and lean…like a ballerina!

I love that the vomit posts have started! Brings back so many memories…

6. May 3, 2012 12:35 pm

Fun fun! Definitely been there 😉 We have a pure barre near us and I have a free pass! I just haven’t made it over there. Sounds fabulous

7. Emo permalink
    May 3, 2012 1:16 pm

I took a few barre classes last month. My calves hurt for 4 days. Seriously.
    I hope you enjoy the classes!

8. May 3, 2012 1:29 pm

The workout sounds great, I’m very curious to try it. And the pasta dish looks simple and gorgeous, great colors!

9. May 3, 2012 1:47 pm

Sounds like a great workout!

10. May 3, 2012 3:37 pm

I totally get the vomit thing…it happens to me regularly. And Maya is 7!

11. May 3, 2012 4:52 pm

Dinner looks yummy! I think signing up for something new is a great way to get exciting abuot working out!

12. May 3, 2012 6:44 pm

i love barre classes! Glad you got in a good workout that you felt comfortable with!