It tastes the same (if you close your eyes)

May 2, 2012

Bonus points to you if you can name that musical number, in regards to our dinner:

Meatless balls!

There’s just really no way to make meatless balls photogenic…

…but I promise you, they did taste good!

In an effort to get a little more creative with our meals, I *think* I’m going to start trying to take more regular lunch and dinner pictures again.  One of the things that I loved early on about having a blog was that, as a new vegetarian, it prompted me to get creative in the kitchen (instead of just eating baked tofu five nights a week).

I think this will help us to stay on track with our healthy eating goals.  I’m not promising complicated, gourmet meals…but hopefully posting regular meals again will at least prompt a little creativity into our lives, food-wise!

We’re off to walk this little lady:

image

…in the Ergo.  Have a great night!

1. May 2, 2012 12:35 am

There are just some dishes that are almost impossible to photograph, but honestly that looks great to me. Enjoy your evening!

2. May 2, 2012 12:49 am

There is some food that is sooo hard to make look pretty but I think you did an amazing job! Enjoy the Ergo walk 🙂

3. Kev permalink
    May 2, 2012 12:50 am

On top of spaghetti, all covered with cheese,/ I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed.

4. May 2, 2012 1:07 am

Yum!

5. May 2, 2012 3:29 am

RENT!

6. May 2, 2012 11:13 am

I agree, it’s difficult to take a good photo pf meatballs (even meatless ones!). I’m sure these were very tasty. I’m actually making a new meatball dish with turkey next week for one of the meals I make for my family and neighbor. I hope they turn out! I wonder if they would know if I made them meatless balls….muahaha

7. May 2, 2012 12:23 pm

She’s so cute!! And I love your healthy vegetarian meals…I used to be vegetarian for 8 years but started eating meat after seeing a nutritionist who thought my intense cravings would go away if I did (and they did) but I only eat meat a couple times a week so I appreciate what you post! Are you full vegetarian again?

• May 2, 2012 12:57 pm

No, we’re not full veg again, and I don’t think we’re going to do that…I like the option of being able to eat meat a few times a week, and definitely when we go out! Still, we definitely tend to gravitate towards meatless meals more often than not!

8. May 2, 2012 1:32 pm

La Vie Boheme!

9. May 2, 2012 3:11 pm

They look pretty yummy to me! Anything that helps us reduce our consumption of red meat is a winner in my book. Looks like you’re enjoying these first few months with your precious little girl, Anna!

10. May 2, 2012 3:35 pm

I am so with you on blogging about food helping you not eat the same thing everyday. I feel the same way and I wonder how bored people get with my pictures of eggs on a salad? I hope you’re doing well today Anna!