You Know What Sucks? False Labor.

March 25, 2012

Hello, hello!

Another day of waiting for us here.  Sorry—I know you must be sick of this broken record!  I know I am! 🙂

We had another bout of false alarm contractions yesterday, from about 2-7.  They’re pretty intense, and come regularly…but then after 4 or 5 hours, they just kind of…disappear.  Boo! But, even though false labor sucks, it supposedly still helps to ready the body for the real thing, so hopefully we’ll at least have that going for us when the real thing comes along.  I’ll be interested to see if we’ve made any progress at our next appointment on Tuesday.

Other than weathering the false labor, we’ve had a nice end to our spring break over here.  I got some Easter decorations set up.  All of our Easter decorations seem to have disappeared in the move.  BOO for lost boxes :-(  Of course, it did give me an excuse to go out and buy some new decorations, which was pretty fun.  Here’s some of what I picked up:

That little duckling cracks (quacks?!) me up.  🙂

Other than a few mornings of rain, we’ve been enjoying awesome weather and spending tons of time outside.  Our dogwood finally bloomed in the front yard:

Beautiful!

And we’ve been grilling almost every night for dinner.  We tried out the grilled avocado that has been circling blog world lately:

Delicious.  We prepped ours with olive oil, lime and salt…I loved how soft it got in the grilling.  Perfect for spreading on warm bread!

Last night, Ryan used the grill pan to cook up some shrimp, something that I have had NO desire for throughout this whole pregnancy, but suddenly sounded good at 6:30 last night.

He also made a delicious couscous, olive, and feta salad.  He’s become quite the gourmet over the past nine months!  I don’t know if I’m going to be able to kick him out of the kitchen once this pregnancy is over!

Well, this is officially our last day of spring break—it went by so quickly! We’re headed out to enjoy the sun, and then tonight…MAD MEN!!!!!

So. Excited.

Have a great day!

1. actorsdiet permalink
    March 25, 2012 4:29 pm

how frustrating! at least you have mad men to look forward to…

• March 25, 2012 5:15 pm

Definitely!! I just told Ryan that knowing our luck, my water will probably break 2 minutes into tonight’s premier 🙂

2. March 25, 2012 6:57 pm

Hang in there! My sister is going through mad false labor right now too. Lame! I never had any false with Kay…I never had any at all! Hence the induction ;). Grilled avocado? A must try!

3. March 25, 2012 7:12 pm

Ugh, false labor! Not fun. Hopefully this means the real deal will go fast since your body should be ready for it. I’m thinking about you and hopefully the little princess will make an appearance soon! Enjoy the rest of your afternoon Anna.

4. March 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Well darn it. And don’t think you sound like a broken record. You know we’re all waiting for the news that that baby girl has arrived. Fingers crossed she gets here soon!!! I can’t wait to see pictures. So glad you’re enjoying grilling out. We’ll be doing that tonight.

5. ginger635 permalink
    March 25, 2012 8:49 pm

Beautiful pictures! I can’t wait to try grilled avacado – have never heard of it, but it sounds (and looks) delicious. I think that false labor is probably your cervix dilating a little bit. I’ll be interested to hear how you are at your next appointment.

6. March 25, 2012 11:12 pm

I need to try some grilled avocado! Sounds yummy. I love shrimp and especially some on the grill. I dream of having a beautiful flowery tree in my front yard… we have two pine trees and the needles get everywhere, I hate them!

Definitely keeping you in my thoughts, good luck 🙂

7. March 26, 2012 1:59 am

So jealous you got to watch Mad Men! We don’t have cable and I’m thinking I need to make friends with someone nearby that does so I can watch this season. Also, you made me realize I should really get my easter decorations out! I can’t believe it’s 2 weeks away!

8. March 26, 2012 2:13 am

Oh no! You’re so close to meeting Lila – any day now!! Hang in there.

9. March 26, 2012 9:49 am

You’re so right. These contractions are there to prepare your body for the real thing. Exciting!
    Warmer weather coming your way – good for the new baby that’s coming. I had a Winter baby and it was not cool at all. Getting up in the middle of the cold Winter nights to feed and change diapers 😦
    I’m a new reader 🙂

• March 26, 2012 1:17 pm

Welcome!!

Yes, we’ve said many times that we’re glad the baby is coming in the spring and not winter– so glad that we’ll be able to spend time outside and hopefully get a good dose of sunshine in our days! My moods are so dependent on the weather!

10. March 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Hang in there!!! Lila is going to be here before you know it! 🙂 I will keep my fingers crossed for lots of progress tomorrow!