Summer in March

March 15, 2012

Ryan brought me these spring flowers this afternoon:

…but honestly, it’s felt more like summer today! Temps reached the high seventies, and we spent almost all day outdoors.  We opened up our windows and doors, let the fresh air in, and soaked up the sun while we did our work.  SO nice!!!  Weather like this has me very excited for this summer…even though it will be a *little* different with a newborn joining the porch party. 🙂

And speaking of the baby, we took a few more belly pics.  We’ve been taking pictures throughout the pregnancy—not on a weekly basis, but about once a month.  It’s funny—I don’t feel that different…but when I look at some of the very first “belly” pics we took, like this one:

…I can definitely see how much I’ve grown!!  Here are the pics we took today:

DSC_0026 DSC_0017

Come on out, Lila! We’re ready for you!

To end our “summer” day, we played some boggle on the porch:

DSC_0031 DSC_0025

…and then grilled up dinner.  Well, Ryan grilled salmon; I tossed together a quick salad.  I cooked up some zucchini, then heated up this instant grain bag:

This farro was great—chewy and tasty.  Plus, the ingredients are right on:

Farro + water…nothing else.  Sometimes the instant rice bags contain added oils or flavors, but not this one.  Nice!

I combined the farro and zucchini along with some cherry tomatoes and goat cheese—easy, healthy side dish!

Hope you had a great Wednesday!

1. March 15, 2012 2:00 am

I am loving this weather!!! You look adorable! Im totally looking for that farro

2. March 15, 2012 2:08 am

This weather is amazing, but I fear for the heat come summer time! You look amazing. Little Lila’s time in there is almost over! I’m so excited for you and Ryan!

• March 15, 2012 2:10 am

I know, I was thinking about that– if it’s this hot now, what does that mean for August?! Yikes!!

3. March 15, 2012 2:39 am

test to see if I can get in….

4. March 15, 2012 2:40 am

SUCCESS

girl I have had so many issues with settings and weirdness with all my blog changes the past week or so..sorry about the false alarm.

Lovin the progress pics. You’re so close!

5. March 15, 2012 12:25 pm

I love boggle! Do you play Scramble with Friends?

• March 15, 2012 1:54 pm

No!!! I have the individual scramble game on my phone, but when I tried to download scramble with friends, it told me that my phone doesn’t support it 😦 I’m going to upgrade soon, and then I’ll download it!!

6. March 15, 2012 12:38 pm

That weather sounds fabulous. We’ve been getting some pretty warm weather in Boston, too. So nice. PS – you look awesome!!

7. March 15, 2012 1:03 pm

Loving this weather. Glad you guys are able to take advantage of it and enjoy that porch. I have yet to try farro.

• March 15, 2012 1:55 pm

It’s good! Kind of remind me of a cross between wheatberries and barley.

8. March 15, 2012 2:35 pm

We are having some really warm weather too – in fact we’ve been in the 70s the past 2 days — usually we are barely above freezing at this time of year!

I know you’re ready to be ‘done’, but pregnancy looks great on you 🙂

9. patti permalink
    March 15, 2012 2:35 pm

Looking good 🙂 Do you buy the Farro frozen or on the shelf with the rice products?

• March 15, 2012 3:05 pm

It was on the shelf with the other rice bags– this was the first time I’d seen it! They had farro, black lentils…all sorts of interesting stuff!

10. March 15, 2012 3:13 pm

You are just precious. 🙂

11. March 15, 2012 6:10 pm

You look so great! How many weeks are you?
    We have been having 70 degree temps in Michigan as well and I am LOVING it! I have the whole house opened up right now and the breeze, the warmth, it smells like summer right now 🙂

• March 15, 2012 6:53 pm

Almost 38! Getting close, for sure!

Yep– I LOVE having all of the open air in our house too!

12. March 16, 2012 3:34 am

Gorgeous flowers and spring day! I love grilling out when the weather first gets warm 🙂 It’s so simple and fun!

13. March 16, 2012 10:34 am

You’re looking great! So close!
    We just got farro into our bulk section at work. I’ve been trying to come up with ways to use it, and I love your simple recipe. I may have to try that for a demo!

14. March 16, 2012 5:23 pm

Lila is a’comin! And you look absolutely wonderful! 🙂 Eeeek! So happy for you!!! 🙂