Beautiful Weekend

January 30, 2012

Hi friends! Did you have a good weekend?  The rain let up over here circa Friday morning, and it’s been beautiful ever since.  We took advantage of the good weather with a trip to the botanical gardens this afternoon:

image

Dogs aren’t usually allowed at the gardens, but during January and February, they celebrate the “Dog Days of Winter,” and allow them to roam through the gardens! They even have a “no leash” field that functions basically as a dog park.  So fun! Our dogs definitely enjoyed their time at the gardens:

image

image

image

…although Baxter tried to take on a new owner when he discovered that another dog owner had treats in her purse.  He has no loyalty at all.

31 weeks and counting:

image

Dinners this weekend were healthy:

image

…but I promise, I have one of the best cookie recipes I’ve made in a lonnng time (and definitely NOT healthy) coming your way this week.

Hope you had a great weekend!

1. January 30, 2012 9:36 am

How fun!! Frank doesnt have enough stamina to do the dog park ;). You look fab

• January 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Well, you know, Baxter just kind of stands around looking at the other dogs. He lacks stamina also 🙂

2. January 30, 2012 12:26 pm

You look so good! Now that you have an actual baby-bump, do you wish you didn’t?? I’m always curious about that.
    Glad you had a nice, outdoorsy, sunny weekend!

• January 30, 2012 2:36 pm

Haha…no, I’m glad I have it now. Ask me again in about seven weeks though 🙂

3. January 30, 2012 12:40 pm

THE BUMP IS SO CUTE!!! i feel like over the past week i’ve really started growing a lot…i think the dude is dropping and so all of my longer shirts are no longer long enough. oops!

• January 30, 2012 2:36 pm

So exciting that he’s dropping!! Won’t be long now!

4. January 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Looks fun! We’ve always wanted to take our pup to a dog park, but she’s a pit and people are always funny about that :-/ For now, doggie play dates it is!

• January 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Aw, I hate that– I’ve known some REALLY sweet pits!!!

5. January 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Oh my goodness that is my favorite baby bump picture. I am so happy for you and Ryan!

6. January 30, 2012 1:12 pm

This winter has been so oddly warm. Can’t say that I’m complaining though!

• January 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Definitely!! I’ll take this over 20 degrees and snow any day! (although it does make me worry about how hot this summer might be…)

7. January 30, 2012 1:14 pm

Anna, you look amazing! I can’t believe you’re already 31 weeks! I am so excited for you two! I hope you have a great week and that the weather stays nice for you!

• January 30, 2012 2:38 pm

Thanks Sarena!! I can’t believe it either 🙂

8. January 30, 2012 1:27 pm

You look fantastic my dear. Sounds like the perfect way to enjoy this oddly warm weather. It was 60 here yesterday. No complaints!

9. January 31, 2012 3:24 am

Cute bump! Looks like a nice way to spend a mild winter day!

Trackbacks