Vegetarian Meat Lover

January 17, 2012

I guess that’s how I’d describe myself these days.  I do usually have a vegetarian breakfast and lunch…but then dinner almost always involves some sort of meat.

Yesterday, I had a vegetarian wrap for lunch, starring this:

image

…which, I know, looks like something the cat would hack up.  But it’s actually black bean “hummus”—I just mashed a bunch of black beans with about a tbsp. of sabra hummus and a good shake of nutritional yeast.  Easy!

The full wrap:

Purely veg!  Dinner, on the other hand, was meat-tastic:

Homemade spaghetti sauce with ground beef, crushed tomatoes, lots of onion and garlic, and dried basil.

It still feels a little weird to eat a big dish of meat for dinner…but I have to admit, this was really good.  Nothing beats good old-fashioned spaghetti and meat sauce.

In baby news, we had a successful doctor’s appointment this morning—got to see little Lila’s face in all her 3D glory!  Truthfully, the 3D ultrasounds have always freaked me out a little bit…but it was actually so neat to really *see* her—I feel like now we have a little bit better of an idea of who will be coming out to greet us in a few months!

I think she takes after Ryan…she was goofing around during much of the ultrasound, kicking her legs behind her head.  She also covered her face with her hand at one point:

….I’m pretty sure that she did this right after Ryan told a lame joke to the ultrasound technician.  She’s already embarrassed of her old man.

That’s not to say that she’s all Ryan.  Like me, she seems to have mastered a pretty effective lip pout:

image

…which I’m sure we’ll see a few hundred thousand times in the first few years when she doesn’t get her way.  Just like mama.  🙂

Hope you have a great Tuesday!

1. January 17, 2012 5:53 pm

ahhhh she’s beautiful! 😉 congrats again love! And I hear ya on the vegetarian meat lover scope. I’ve progressed from 2x a month to about 1x a week and I’m not even regretting it a little! I feel nourished — i’m betting you do too!

2. Kim permalink
    January 17, 2012 5:58 pm

WOW technology is amazing isn’t it! Those old ultrasounds I could never really tell what I was looking at!

3. January 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Oh my God, it’s crazy(and a little creepy) what you can see with ultrasounds these days.

4. January 17, 2012 6:04 pm

This is very exciting! I’m so happy for you two. Hi Lila! Lookin’ good 😉

5. January 17, 2012 6:15 pm

Things have certainly come a long way since our parents had us!!! She’s beautiful!

6. January 17, 2012 6:22 pm

What an incredible image!!You can really see little Lila! must be exciting 🙂

7. January 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Oh that’s too funny about the lame joke. My hubs does stuff like that all the time.

Getting 3D ultrasounds done was the ONLY thing that helped me thru the 40 week waiting game!

8. January 17, 2012 7:23 pm

I know this is sort of obvious, but I still think it’s so weird that it’s a person in there and not like a basketball or something.

This might be the dumbest comment I’ve ever left!

9. January 17, 2012 9:12 pm

Ok that wrap looks really tasty. I totally could have gone for that today. Thank you for sharing pictures of Lila!!!! How exciting.

10. January 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Thats exactly how I ate when I was preggers! I think meat just tastes better when you’re pregnant :). She looks gorg! Like mama!

11. January 17, 2012 11:20 pm

Wow! Those ultrasounds are crazy clear…now I feel old. All we have is the old version that you have to squint and pretend to point out what the tech told you was there…

She is super cute! Of course!

12. January 18, 2012 1:30 am

WOW! Those ultrasounds are pretty amazing!!

13. patti permalink
    January 18, 2012 3:39 am

Love the pictures of Lila 🙂

14. January 19, 2012 2:46 am

Isn’t it kind of freaky to think of her as a person? I mean obviously she is, but when you say “who will be coming out to greet us …” it kind of puts it all in perspective. Exciting!!