Good News Morning

January 14, 2012

image

Sadly, this is not what I woke up to this morning.  I woke up to a frosty lawn, a terrier wedged into my side, and someone else’s jimmy legs creating an earthquake in the bed.

But I still woke up in a good mood.

Yesterday afternoon, my doctor’s office called and said that I PASSED my three hour glucose test!!!

You know, it’s funny—after getting so upset about the initial test, I calmed down and realized that it wouldn’t be the end of the world if I did have gestational diabetes—I’d just deal with it.  Your comments and e-mails from other mamas-to-be and current mamas certainly helped…a LOT.  So, I went into the three hour test with the expectation that I wasn’t going to pass and that I would just need to deal with the cards I’d been dealt.

And then…the cards dealt me a passed test!!!

As much as I’d come to terms with the fact that gestational diabetes might just be something I’d be dealing with in pregnancy….I was pretty pleased when I got that call.  :-)  I guess you just never know.

Thank you again for all of your sweet comments and e-mails—this wasn’t the first hiccup in my pregnancy, and I’m sure it won’t be the last!

I don’t have food photos to show you, but hopefully I will soon, because I opened up an early birthday present from my parents yesterday, and recently installed…photoshop!!! I am SO excited to play around with this software—I’ve been working with it all morning, revisiting some of our old photos to see what all I can do.  It’s pretty complicated, and I can already see that it’s going to take me a VERY long time feeling comfortable with the software—but I already love it!

Here are some of the photos I played with this morning, along with that Nantucket sunrise:

French cows:

image

Relaxing after a hike:

image

My two favorite guys (doing what they do best):

image

…and sweet Sophie:

image

I know I’m going to love having this software, especially once Lila comes along.

Hope you have a great Saturday! The sun is out, so we’re about to go enjoy it!

1. January 14, 2012 3:26 pm

So happy for you and your good news! And also very jealous of photoshop! haha I love that one of the cows. The color of the grass is so vibrant.
    Have a great weekend!

2. January 14, 2012 3:41 pm

Yay for passing the test!

If you have photoshop questions, feel free to ask me. I know some stuff.

3. January 14, 2012 3:52 pm

That’s great news!

4. January 14, 2012 4:05 pm

Yayyyyy! So happy for you

5. January 14, 2012 6:26 pm

Congratulations, lady! I hope you and Lila have smooth sailing from here on out 🙂

6. mgutowsk permalink
    January 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Yay! Happy that you got good results. Photoshop is so fun! I have Photoshop Elements, which is like Diet Photoshop, but really easy to use. I’ve used the full photoshop before though, and didn’t find it too hard. I mean, there was a lot of stuff I didn’t ever use or know how to use, but I knew how to do everything I wanted. So, I guess what I’m trying to say is I’m sure you’ll figure it out! Have fun!

7. mgutowsk permalink
    January 14, 2012 7:39 pm

PS. Looks like you’re already having fun with saturation and contrast- my two favorite things to tweak!

8. January 14, 2012 7:42 pm

WOO HOO!!! So excited for you!! I am so happy that you passed!!

9. January 14, 2012 7:57 pm

I have been thinking about you and wishing the best and this post and the news are fabulous!

And that sunset shot is absolutely stunning!

10. January 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Gorgeous photos and I’m so glad to hear that you passed the test 🙂 Enjoy your weekend, mama!

11. January 15, 2012 12:03 pm

Wow, I would have been VERY surprised if someone like you had gestational diabetes! But like you said, it can happen to anyone and it’s something you’d just have to deal with. I’m glad you don’t have it though, that’s reason to celebrate!!

12. January 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Yay for no gestational diabetes. I bet that is such a huge relief! Happy weekend!

13. January 15, 2012 4:32 pm

Yay, so happy about your test! That’s great and must be a huge relief! And super sweet on Photoshop, you’ll love it! Hubby surprised me with it for our anniversary and I’ve been have so much fun since. 🙂

14. January 15, 2012 6:33 pm

I’m so happy for you about the glucose test!!!

I just got a new camera and I’m dying to get Photoshop too, but the camera is pretty intimidating to figure out as it is — I guess just one step at a time is the way to go!

15. January 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Great news!!! So happy to hear that. Cannot wait to see the photos of Lila when she gets here.

16. January 15, 2012 9:13 pm

Congratulations! That is great news. I’m with Heather, I can’t wait to see what you do with little Lila’s pictures! I hope you’re having a great weekend!

17. January 15, 2012 10:51 pm

Hooray! So happy for you 🙂

18. January 16, 2012 4:19 am

YAYYYYY! Congrats 😀

19. January 16, 2012 11:38 am

So happy you passed the glucose test!! And can we expect a little photoshop tutorial when you learn it? I need to buy it but I’m scared!

• January 16, 2012 2:08 pm

Haha…trust me, a tutorial from me is a LONG way off 🙂

20. January 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Congratulations on the glucose test!! I know you’re relieved. Glad you like the Photoshop. Can’t wait to see your new pictures with it! Happy Birthday a little early!

21. Emo permalink