Rainy Day Woman

January 9, 2012

That woman of mine she ain’t happy
Unless she finds something wrong and has someone to blame
If it ain’t one thing it’s another one on the way…

Remember back in my 20 week update when I said that I wasn’t having mood swings?

Those days are over.

I’m going to do a third trimester update tomorrow, after we have our doctor’s appointment with the dreaded glucose test.  But suffice it to say that my moods have been a little…errrr, swingy lately.

Obviously I blame the pregnancy.  And the rain—the rain hasn’t helped.  After my bragging about our gorgeous weather on Friday, it proceeded to rain allllllll weekend long.  It wasn’t too bad—perfect weather for cleaning out the house (which we did all weekend)…seeing a movie (My Week With Marilyn)…and lots of naps:

Is he kidding right now?  What a prince.  I stacked the dog beds on top of one another so that I could mop the house, and Baxter used the situation to his advantage.

We also made some yummy meals involving cheese…lots and lots of cheese.  Friday night, we made homemade veggie pizzas:

That one is mine…all mine.

Then last night, we pulled out the panini press.  We got this press a few months ago when my mother and her sisters were cleaning out my grandmother’s house—my grandmother loved a good kitchen appliance.  The press was basically unused, and no one else wanted it, so my mom snagged it for me and Ryan.  I was worried that it might do the same at our house—sit and gather dust—but, Ryan has actually been using it quite a bit! And I have to say, it really does make a difference having a press—all of the sandwiches we’ve made with it have been delicious! Including last night’s dinner:

Eggplant, zucchini, and mozzarella with pizza sauce.  Pizza in a panini!

Well, the rain has turned into fog…which might be even more depressing than rain.  But, it’s time to get going—I have a long to-do list before my first class tomorrow.  Hope you have a great Monday!

1. January 9, 2012 3:13 pm

I thought the same thing about my panini press when I got it for my birthday but I love it and actually use it a lot too.My parent’s actually do the double bed thing for one of their dogs all the time. She’s such a brat that she’ll only sleep on a double bed now otherwise she walks around the house aimlessly. It’s unreal.

2. January 9, 2012 3:37 pm

Murphy is the opposite – he refuses to sleep on his dog bed. He prefers our bed which is annoying.

• January 9, 2012 3:48 pm

Oh, don’t worry– Ella does that too. Baxter immediately claimed BOTH beds, and Ella looked at us like we were somehow trying to kill her with the (expensive) dog bed that we bought her. Don’t you just love pets? 🙂

3. Marcee ..... ILLINOIS permalink
    January 9, 2012 3:51 pm

Things will improve Anna …. trust me. Been there already. Best way to get out of a funk is to move around ….. exercise a bit ….. have a glass of water. Usually simple stuff.

Oh. Baxter likes cozy! Ha. No surprise. Pets are like us …. they want to be darn comfortable!

Some years back …. after cleaning up our living room, I plumped up four pillows, on top of each other. I casually put them on the end of the sofa. Low and behold, an hour later I find our Muffee (kitty-cat) on top of them all …. cuddled up sound asleep! There is an adorable picture of him in one of our albums. How Muffee found that space is beyond me. They just do. Ha.

P.S. Anna ….. you should leave those poochie-beds as they are in the photo Anna. Baxter will love you for that! Personally, I think it’s way-cool decorating!

HNY 2012!

4. January 9, 2012 4:49 pm

Hey girl! The glucose test is not so bad!! I swear. Sorry about the moods! Yayyy for cheese

5. January 9, 2012 5:39 pm

Hmmmm – cheese seems like a pretty good mood buster to me :-D!! Good luck on your test today.

6. January 9, 2012 6:06 pm

I think a pizza sandwich sounds perfect! It is rainy here too…It is in the 50’s (at least) but just damp and icky. 😦

7. January 9, 2012 7:19 pm

I hear ya, pregnant or not, this weather is just depressing! I need sunshine! I hope the blues turn around. I guess the good thing with swings is that it will eventually go the other direction. Your eats looks perfectly delicious!

8. January 9, 2012 7:24 pm

OMG! Baxter is a wise man. I’m seriously jealous of him in that photo…he looks so freakin’ comfy and cute! 🙂

9. January 9, 2012 8:04 pm

Ha – love the tower/throne of dog beds! Serious doses of cheese help cheer me up also – I say keep with that theme until the sun shines again 🙂

10. January 9, 2012 9:50 pm

Ugh, we’re having super dreary weather here too now. Boooooo. Does not help the mood one bit pregnant or not. So funny on the dog beds. Maddie will gladly jump on top of them when I stack them.

11. January 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Well you knew they would kick in eventually, right?! Or else you just wouldn’t be normal! I agree, rain never helps that sort of issue. What a bummer. We’ve been getting rain here too and I am just DIEING for it to turn to SNOW!
    The panini looks wonderful! I wish I had room for a panini press in our tiny kitchen….

12. January 10, 2012 5:25 pm

Sorry about the mood swings and weather, but your eats look amazing! Baxter is too funny, my dog would totally do that!