Happy New Year!!

January 1, 2012

Holy blogging break, Batman!

As you can see, I kind of spent the last week and a half…ummm, checked out.  Sometimes you just need a break, right?  I wasn’t planning on taking such a hiatus…but one day turned into two, two turned into three, and three turned into…well, you get the idea.

And now, suddenly it’s 2012!!?!

I won’t bore you playing catch-up.  Let’s just say that we had a wonderful Christmas and spent the last few weeks enjoying family and friends near and far.  We ventured to Seattle to visit Ryan’s family, and are now back in Louisiana for a few days before we head back to Huntsville to start the new semester.

The holidays always go fast, but time seemed to REALLY fly this time…maybe it has something to do with the little miss growing in my belly?  For the longest time, it seemed like March was really far away, and the whole “baby” thing felt very abstract.  And now, suddenly, March is right around the corner…yowza.

I have a legitimate baby bump now:

And we’ve decided on a name:

…which makes it all seem a little more real.  She’s also become SUPER active, and is actually turning flips and somersaults right now as I type this blog post.  She seems to really like making my belly dance— it’s so surreal to watch!

We have one more week in the second trimester…it’s hard to believe that we’re almost in the homestretch.  Next week, I’ll take my glucose test (fingers crossed for that), and then the week after that, we’ll get our 4d ultrasound.  Then, if everything goes well from there, we won’t “see” her again until delivery day!

Anyway…enough baby talk! Let’s talk about food.

Ryan and I got my parents a tagine for Christmas:

… last night for our New Year’s Eve dinner, we tried it out for the first time! It was a very low-key New Year’s Eve, but that was more than perfect—we’d spent the day traveling back from Seattle, and were ready for food when we got home.

My mom made this delicious lamb tagine:

…that included figs, apricots, pistachios, pine nuts, veggies and tons of spices.  We served it over couscous:

Delicious!

This morning, we took a long, sunny walk with the dogs, and then I played around with one of my very nice Christmas presents—a new lens! This telephoto lens won’t be my go-to for blog pictures, but I’m loving it for taking pictures from a bit further away.  The dogs made very good photo subjects:

Hope you’ve had a great first day of 2012!!

1. January 1, 2012 9:28 pm

Everyone needs a break every once in a while! Glad to hear that your Christmas was wonderful! You look great and baby’s name is adorable!!! Happy New Year!

2. January 1, 2012 9:40 pm

Glad you enjoyed your break! Its always nice to unplug! CUTE name! Picking a name is super hard. Looking great girl. Fun gifts too

• January 1, 2012 10:51 pm

Picking the name WAS hard!!! There were so many girls names that we liked, we finally just had to go with one, haha.

3. January 1, 2012 9:44 pm

Aw, cute bump! And I love the name! My 2 year old daughters name is Leela 😀 I’m due around the same time as you, in the beginning of April and I know what you mean about the activity level! I love it, sometimes I just stop what I’m doing to watch 😀 Happy New Year!

4. January 1, 2012 9:46 pm

I love the name and wow, you have a legit bump! Your pregnancy is going so fast. For me. 🙂

As I sit here on the sidelines and observe and am not the one who’s preggers 🙂

5. January 1, 2012 9:47 pm

Happy New Year Anna! Lila is a pretty name. Do you have a middle name picked out yet?

6. January 1, 2012 9:57 pm

Happy New Year Anna! You look gorgeous! And you have great taste in names. It’s the same name as our baby girl 🙂

7. January 1, 2012 10:21 pm

Happy New Year!!!! Spending the holidays with family and disconnecting sounds ideal.

8. January 1, 2012 10:43 pm

I LOVE the name LILA!! That’s beautiful!!! You look spectacular. I’m glad you had a nice Christmas, and happy new year to you. 2012 is going to be a BIG one!

9. January 2, 2012 12:27 am

beautiful name! just love it

happy new year to you guys!

10. January 2, 2012 3:19 am

Happy 2012 and look at that bump! The name Lila is adorable!

11. January 2, 2012 3:34 am

Happy New Year! Beautiful name 🙂
    It’s funny you posted about a tangine because my mom and I were in the Le Creuset outlet store the day after Christmas and I saw one for the first time. Had no idea what it was or why it was shaped like that but now I know 🙂

12. January 2, 2012 3:35 am

I am so glad you’re no longer veggie so you could enjoy that incredible NYE meal! Wow!

13. January 2, 2012 3:41 am

Haha…me too 🙂

14. January 2, 2012 4:04 am

Happy New Year! You picked an adorable name 🙂 Pregnancy looks fabulous on you- your legit bump is so cute!

15. January 2, 2012 5:21 am

You are glowing! Cute name 🙂 Happy New Year!

16. January 2, 2012 6:58 pm

You are looking absolutely fabulous Anna!!!!

I think the holiday season is a perfect excuse for an offline break!!! But now I’m actually looking forward to getting back to normal.

17. greensandjeans permalink
    January 2, 2012 8:30 pm

Such a sweet name! You definitely have that glow going on!

18. January 3, 2012 4:00 am

You look gorgeous! I love your dress- you are one styling pregnant lady! What a beautiful name too- I love it! March is going to be here so soon- it seems like you just made the announcement yesterday. Time flies!

19. January 6, 2012 11:44 pm

Happy 2012! It’s going to be such an exciting year for you guys. We can’t wait to meet little Lila! (Such a sweet name, by the way. I think it will suit her well.)