Humming a Humnut Song

September 14, 2011

Hello, hello.  Happy hump day!

I’m glad you all enjoyed Ryan’s post.  Seriously, if you’re thinking about trying a new pasta dish—try that one.  It was amazing.

This morning, I headed out for a run in our ‘hood.  Our new neighborhood isn’t very big (it’s kind of bookended by a few major streets), but it has a lot of little side streets to explore.  I love looking at all of the cute little bungalow houses…like ours! 🙂 I ran for 3.25 miles…I think I found a good loop—it has a stop at a park mid-way through, which means A WATER FOUNTAIN.  Thank goodness for that water fountain, because it is still HOT here.  We had about a week of nice fallish weather, but today it’s supposed to get up to 90! Wha?!?  I know I’ll be happy to be here come January, but right now I’m jealous of the beautiful 60 degree weather that our friends are getting up in PA!

After showering and running some errands, I enjoyed a simple lunch.  I picked up some sabra hummus at Target yesterday, and you know what that means…

Humnut sauce!!! I seriously can’t get enough.

This pear was nice and crisp, just the way I like ‘em.  Can’t stand a mushy pear.

Okay, I’m off to do some prep work for my class tomorrow.  Have a great afternoon!

1. September 14, 2011 7:51 pm

And I still have not made humnut….

2. greensandjeans permalink
    September 14, 2011 9:50 pm

I will be so very jealous of you in the winter, so I will bask in the glory of being able to wear jeans right now.

3. September 14, 2011 10:44 pm

I’m loving the fresh pears lately! I’ll be sad to see them go because sadly life isn’t as toasty warm here as where you are!!!

4. September 14, 2011 10:46 pm

Humnut sauce looks good and mushy pears go straight to smoothie making. Could never eat one just plain either.

5. September 15, 2011 10:52 am

New blog look???!!! And name? I like it! And I have no experience with humnut. Thanks for introducing me! 🙂

6. September 15, 2011 2:12 pm

I need to get on that humnut sauce train. I made a bean butter…but it was more bean-y than anything else…I guess I just flip the proportions?