Glorious Monday

September 12, 2011

Do you ever have one of those days that just feels like a really, really great day, for no real reason at all?  I’m having one of those…which is especially rare on a Monday! 🙂

This morning, I took advantage of our cool weather (66 degrees!) and went for my first outdoor run since…wait for it…we moved to Huntsville!

Yep, that’s right.  The running bug is something that comes and goes for me, and for whatever reason, as soon as we moved down here, it got up and went.  Maybe the 90 degree days had something to do with it?  Perhaps…

But now that glorious fall is here, I woke up with the urge to RUN…and so, that’s what I did.  Not very far—about 2.5 miles.  I’m still figuring out the neighborhood, and don’t really have a set route.  Still, it felt great to hit the pavement again…and I’m hoping the running bug sticks around for a while this time!

After my run, I hit up Starbucks for a few hours of work for my class…and I couldn’t say no to my first pumpkin soy latte of the season.  No wonder it’s been a good day, right? 😉 Getting out of the house to grade is something I need to do more often.  I can do SO much of my work from home—from my online classes, to Angel work and prep work for my UAH class…but it’s still nice to get out and be around human beings for a few hours of the day.

I came home hungry for some lunch, and heated up a Morningstar “chicken” burger—I know, I know.  These are like the chicken nugget of the veg world…but they’re dang tasty!  I sat outside and read some old Cooking Light magazines as I ate…I’ve been trying to get some ideas for spicing up dinner meals.  Lately, our dinners have felt a little uninspired, and I’d like to change that.

Not surprisingly, my dining partner was more interested in playing than eating:

How can you say no to a face like that?

The weather is perfect today.  I’m going to run a few more errands…and then try to settle in for an afternoon of reading outside!

See you for dinner!

1. September 12, 2011 8:14 pm

I wish I was having your Monday 😉 Apparently I really am in the wrong career… It’s hard to get teaching jobs at UALR b/c so many of them go to TAs still in the program or you have to have a PhD. I’m done with school.

Yes, hard to enjoy running when it’s a sauna outside.

• September 12, 2011 11:23 pm

Yeah, I know a lot of schools who operate with that type of situation– classes for TAs and full-time faculty, with nothing really for people who want to adjunct or part-time teach. You know, it changes for me from year to year too. Penn State gave me as much as I could handle/want…but UAH doesn’t have nearly as much for adjuncting. We’ll see how it goes…I might have to branch out to some other schools in the area next year…but for the time being, it’s all good 🙂

2. September 12, 2011 8:30 pm

There is something about Fall weather that makes you feel like you can run for miles 🙂

3. September 12, 2011 10:04 pm

I like Morningstar Farms stuff too. I know it’s not the healthiest, but it’s certainly tasty.

4. September 12, 2011 11:01 pm

I picked up a can of libby’s pumpkin today and thought of you the ENTIRE time i was in the checkout line!

• September 12, 2011 11:19 pm

Hahaha…not sure if that’s a good thing 🙂

5. September 13, 2011 12:00 am

I love days like that! I still need to get my first pumpkin drink of the season- I’m slacking!

6. Emily permalink
    September 13, 2011 12:16 pm

Ahh, I still turn to that issue of cooking light! I finally — just this summer — went through 3 years of back issues, tore recipes out, and organized them in a binder. My own, seasonally organized, cooking light cookbook!
    I bet Ella is glad the running bug is back — but she probably didn’t mind taking the summer off, either!

• September 13, 2011 1:11 pm

Ohhh, my gosh I need to do that– I just have all of my old food magazines STACKED up in the pantry!