MTV Cribs

September 9, 2011

This best part of this meal:

…wasn’t the sharp cheddar.  Or the buttered bun.  Or the side of oven-baked sweet potato fries that came on the side.  Or even the sweet, sweet corn (probably the last we’ll see of it until next summer).

It was the fact that it was waiting for me when I got home from my class at 7:00.  My sweet husband can cook!

And turkey burgers on the first night?  I think someone is excited that I’m eating meat again… 🙂

I’m excited that the weekend is here, because we’ve got big plans.  Look what materialized in the guest room yesterday:

You know what that means…

300203_2243656845413_1067853448_2586018_2709004_n

A visit from Miss Sophie Rose! This is her picture from her first day of school—can you believe it?!?  Okay, so her “school” is only five hours, two days a week…but still!  She’s growing up!

My sister’s good friend, Julia, and her husband Bart live in Huntsville with their little boy Jack.  Jack is turning one this weekend, so Katherine, Kevin and Sophie are coming over for the birthday celebration tomorrow! We’re so excited to have more visitors in the house!

Ella had to try out the crib for herself:

And now it has the official CSA– Cattledog Seal of Approval.

I’m headed to a “new faculty” informal lunch today, and then we’ll be picking them up at the airport around three.

Have a great day!

1. September 9, 2011 2:19 pm

Am I the only one who saw that crib and thought there was a “different” sort of announcement to be made?!
    I say this every time there’s a pic of Sophie, but she is so darn cute!! Have a fun weekend with them!

2. actorsdiet permalink
    September 9, 2011 2:57 pm

congrats on the new blog – and as someone who’s a former vegetarian, get it!

3. September 9, 2011 3:37 pm

That corn is calling my name…it is getting close to lunch time though. Have fun with that cutie niece!

4. Dad Weber permalink
    September 9, 2011 4:07 pm

Love the new layout!! We’ll still look for good vegetarian restaurants in Seattle.

• September 9, 2011 4:16 pm

Thanks Lynn! Yes, we’re still dying to try Carmelita– we should put it on our Christmas “to do” list! Sorry that I missed the Skype session last night– I was engaged in one myself! Next time, I’ll definitely get on to see y’all!

5. September 9, 2011 5:10 pm

I love the new look! And LOL that hubby made you turkey burgers for dinner – what a guy 🙂 I’m sure you’re loving the new variety 😉 I know I would be!

6. September 9, 2011 5:21 pm

god your new blog just looks soooo good!

sophie is BIG already…when did that happen? 🙂

7. September 9, 2011 6:46 pm

LOVE the new blog Anna!!

And ohmigosh…Sophie is getting so big!!

8. September 9, 2011 11:55 pm

Oh my gosh she is getting so big! Ya gotta love a man that will cook for you! Keep him!

9. September 10, 2011 2:40 am

Love the new blog…I am jealous that your hubby cooks for you! And cooks so well.

10. September 10, 2011 11:01 am

Blog looks great!!! 🙂

And your little niece is too cute. Have fun with her this weekend.

PS – jealous of that meal cooked by the husband. It’s such a treat to ahve that happen, I know. LOL

11. September 10, 2011 10:03 pm

Love your new blog! Sophie is such a cutie! Have a great weekend!

12. September 11, 2011 6:08 pm

The new layout looks great. I like it when bloggers let their blogs evolve and change as their life changes.

13. September 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Not gonna lie when I saw the crib followed by the phrase “you know what that means…,” I thought maybe you had some OTHER changes in store for us. Sophie Rose is just as exciting. As are meals made by awesome husbands!

14. September 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Girlfriend–love the new layout and direction of the blog-kudos!

When I saw the crib I was all “Whoa, I’ve been in Italy for four days and this is what happens??!” lol Ella and Sophie are too cute for words.