Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

September 8, 2011

Notice anything different?

🙂

Welcome to the new blog! I’ve been wanting to make this change for a while now, because the truth is…

I’m no longer a newlywed, and (as of quite recently), I’m no longer veg.

Yep, you heard me.

Have I been wolfing down hamburgers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?  Um, no.  At this point, I’ve had a chicken dish…and a turkey sandwich.  That’s about it.

But, the truth is—they tasted good.  Really, really good.  And while I’ve truly, truly enjoyed spending the past two years exploring everything that vegetarianism has to offer (and it has a LOT to offer!), lately, I’ve really been missing meat.  My body has been asking me for it…and above all other “food rules,” I think listening to what your body is asking for might be the most important one.

It’s my hope that not much is going to change around here.  I don’t think we’ll start buying pounds and pounds of meat.  If anything, I think it will be something we enjoy on occasion, most likely when we go out.  And when we do buy meat to cook at home, I plan on buying as locally and organically as possible.  I’m excited to explore the options that our farmer’s market and local EarthFare have to offer.

So there you have it.  No longer a newlywed.  No longer a vegetarian.  But—I’m very excited about this new chapter for the blog, and I hope you’ll continue to follow along, now that I’m balancing tofu and turkey all at once!

1. September 8, 2011 2:39 pm

I love the new blog! Good for you on the changes. I like the idea of living without labels and listening to what our bodies want. I think it’s the best and healthiest way to live and not feel deprived 🙂

2. September 8, 2011 2:42 pm

Congrats on the new blog! I still look forward to your recipes and stories (especially as a “mostly vegetarian chef but eager meat eater”) 🙂

3. September 8, 2011 2:52 pm

I’m in!!! 🙂

4. September 8, 2011 3:04 pm

I love that you open minded enough and in tune with your body to know what it wants and needs.

5. September 8, 2011 3:18 pm

I recently added meat back into my diet – I was never a strict vegetarian, but there were times when I would go 3-4 months with no meat. I’ve had chicken sausage about once a week for the past month…with all my other meals still remaining veggie. I’m just not a fan of labels, and I eat what I crave! Love the new blog! :)g

• September 8, 2011 3:44 pm

Yep– dropping the labels and just sticking to what tastes good and makes my body feel good is the new plan! 🙂

6. Cynthia permalink
    September 8, 2011 3:31 pm

Love the new blog layout and the name too. Good for you for listening to what your body wants. I love reading your blog for your humor and the great recipes you post. It wouldn’t matter to me if you ate cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Good Luck to you and Ryan on the move and the new jobs as well 🙂

7. September 8, 2011 3:33 pm

Exciting! (I hate admitting I’m no longer a newlywed too!)

• September 8, 2011 3:43 pm

I know– kind of crazy how fast those first few years pass by!!

8. September 8, 2011 4:03 pm

I like the new title. I, too, gave-up vegetarianism because my body needed meat. Need to listen to your body!

9. September 8, 2011 4:54 pm

Love the changes! P.S. We’ll REALLY miss you and Ryan tomorrow night at our psuedo dinner club.

• September 9, 2011 4:22 pm

Awww, we’re so sad that we’re not going to be there 😦

10. September 8, 2011 4:56 pm

Love the new space! Looks fantastic! And I hear you. I went non-veg when I got preggers. Not sure if I’ll go back

11. September 8, 2011 5:03 pm

Congrats on the new site and layout, it looks great! Hope at least some of the veg recipes keep comin’ since you’ve got a knack for veg cooking for sure. I’ve got a few of your recipes on rotation at mi casita. 🙂
    -Lisa

• September 9, 2011 4:22 pm

Oh, they’ll definitely still be a HUGE part of the blog!

• September 16, 2011 3:10 pm

Whew! I’ve read a couple books that have convinced me I will never go back to eating meat, so glad to hear there will still be lots and lots of veggie recipes. My fave of yours in heavy summer rotation is the chickpea smash. I eat it probably weekly!

12. September 8, 2011 5:25 pm

I love the new layout! Looking forward to see where things take you from here….

13. September 8, 2011 6:02 pm

I love this new blog! I’m all for flexibility. I hate calling myself a vegetarian.
    Excited to see this new direction!

14. September 8, 2011 8:07 pm

Congratulations on the new blog! It looks great. 🙂

15. September 8, 2011 8:26 pm

Gorgeous. Love the new blog redesign. SIMPLE AND CLEAN! I recently revamped mine (last week) and it feels so good.

And love the new name.

And white. Not the bright green…your food is just going to pop and be even more gorgeous now 🙂

16. September 8, 2011 8:50 pm

I also very recently went un-veg. Looks like you’re in a lot of good company. 😉

Love the new blog!

17. Ginger permalink
    September 8, 2011 9:54 pm

Congratulations on the new blog. I’ll love reading it, I know. It’s especially nice for a mom to know what her chick is up to!

18. September 8, 2011 10:46 pm

Love the new look, the blog looks great!

19. September 8, 2011 11:21 pm

We are constantly changing and really blogging should be all about that. We learn from each other and change together! I think it’s great that you’ve entered a new chapter in your life and still want to share. I can’t wait to read more from you and your new journey!

20. September 9, 2011 12:38 am

So exciting!! Love the new name and looking forward to everything to come!

21. September 9, 2011 3:14 am

Love it and looking forward to carnivorous recipes

😉

22. September 9, 2011 3:49 am

Love the new look! And if you want to eat meat, you should!

23. September 9, 2011 12:23 pm

Well, I suppose I’ll still be your friend 😉 Just teasing. You know how I feel I believe. Everyone should do what they feel is right for them. No judging.

24. September 9, 2011 5:11 pm

A big smile to all of this!

25. September 9, 2011 6:47 pm

I am proud of you for listening to your body!!

26. September 10, 2011 1:19 pm

Yay for you! I recently dropped the vegetarian label, too. I certainly have good reasons for cutting WAY back on meat, but I was holding on to the label just to make my food beliefs easier for everyone else to digest. I realized I don’t have to label myself; I can just say, “I don’t really eat a lot of meat” and explain more to those who are curious. It’s kind of freeing, isn’t it?

27. greensandjeans permalink
    September 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Look at you fancy pants! I became an ex-vegetarian a few years ago and my body is definitely digging it, as are my taste buds. Lets face it, sometimes meat is just GOOD.

• September 12, 2011 12:51 pm

So true. I really can’t deny it anymore. Any time we eat meat now, I look at Ryan and say, “This is REALLY good. REALLY good.” 🙂