Heading Home

July 6, 2011

Hi friends.  Thank you so, so much for all of your sweet words about my grandmother.  She was indeed an incredible woman…no other word for it!

Though we’re eager to get home to be with the rest of our family, it took us a few days to get our travel plans set, so we’ve spent the last few days here appreciating the island and house that my grandparents loved so much.

We’ve spent our time appreciating loved ones:

…and hitting the beach:

…and having hootenannies:

…and taking long naps:

…and flying kites:

…and eating good food:

…and remembering the people who made this trip to Harbour Island– and all of the trips that came before it and will come after it– possible:

See you in the States!

1. July 6, 2011 4:08 pm

Glad you were able to enjoy your last few days there remembering your grandmother 🙂 Have a safe trip back.

2. July 6, 2011 4:19 pm

Brings back fond memories!

3. July 6, 2011 5:12 pm

It’s great that you were all there together to reminisce and appreciate all the special moments….have a safe trip home.

4. July 6, 2011 5:51 pm

What a great attitude you have Anna even in a time of sadness and loss.

You look stunning in your pics…love the melon colored dress and your swimsuit shot..looking great!

5. July 6, 2011 6:13 pm

Great post my friend. Safe travels!

6. Erin permalink
    July 7, 2011 2:06 am

I think that’s a GREAT way to pay her tribute and I wouldn’t doubt that was just what she wanted. So sorry for your loss.

7. July 7, 2011 2:36 am

What a sweet post, great tribute and gorgeous pics.

8. July 7, 2011 3:04 am

I love this post. I’m so sorry your trip got cut short for such a horrible reason. Have a safe trip home and I’m thinking about you.

9. July 7, 2011 12:02 pm

So sweet. Family is the best. And BTW – I love your swimsuit.

10. July 7, 2011 10:52 pm

Sounds like a great last few days- a perfect way to celebrate your grandmother’s life :). Your bathing suit is adorable and I want that lobster!

11. July 8, 2011 6:25 pm

awwwww ❤ ❤ ❤ so great that you guys are creating all these memories and remembering the past ones together! safe travels home annnnd – tty soon! mwah!

have a fab weekend love!

12. July 10, 2011 7:40 pm

It sounds like you were honoring your grandmother in the best way possible and in a place that was dear to her heart. I’ve been thinking about you.