Tofu in the Tropics

July 1, 2011

Things have been going a little haywire here this morning.  We woke up to no power…then Ryan called with some bad news.  He packed the wrong passport (his expired one), and isn’t going to be able to come until tomorrow.

Sigh.

Oh well…the power is back on now, and Ryan is rebooked for tomorrow.  What can you do, right?  Pour another goombay.

Moving on to happier times…like last night.  My carnivorous dinner partners had hamburgers, but I stuck to grilled tofu:

I pressed this tofu, then covered it with olive oil and jerk seasoning—it had a major kick to it!

I’m still a little blown away by the fact that we can get tofu here now.  Growing up, the grocery store basically carried cheese, bread, and Kool-aid.  At least, that’s what I remember eating.  How times have changed!

I think my sister and I are off to do a beach bootcamp workout—details to come!

Have a great day!

1. July 1, 2011 1:08 pm

Aw, poor Ryan. You seem to be taking it better than I would have! I’m usually not a big tofu fan but grilled and with jerk seasoning, it looks incredible!

• July 1, 2011 1:58 pm

Haha…well, I think I’m taking it better than HE is! 🙂

2. July 1, 2011 1:08 pm

Oh boo on Ryan being delayed. But dinner looks fab. Hope the workout was a good one!

3. July 1, 2011 1:14 pm

Sorry about Ryan, that stinks! Dinner looks delicious though! I wish I could have that this weekend when others are doing burgers. Soy allergies suck! Have fun at bootcamp!

4. July 1, 2011 1:26 pm

Bummer on the passport! Your tofu creation looks delish. Happy 4th!

5. July 1, 2011 1:48 pm

bah! Hope the man gets there ASAP! Enjoy the workout 🙂

6. July 1, 2011 2:13 pm

Bringing the wrong passport sounds like something Ali would do! I hope he gets there soon and that the power comes on too!

7. July 1, 2011 2:19 pm

That’s a huge bummer! I had a similar thing happen when my friends and I were going to the bahamas. We all got to the airport and I hadn’t packed my passport! For some reason I thought you didn’t need it to go to the bahamas. Needless to say, I didn’t make the trip that day and had to meet up with them the following day. So stupid!

8. July 1, 2011 9:21 pm

Tofu + jerk seasoning sounds great! I love the thick steak-like slab of it. mmmmmm, good!

9. July 1, 2011 11:11 pm

That’s to bad about Ryan, poor guy! The tofu sounds great!

10. July 2, 2011 11:10 am

What a bummer about Ryan! Oh well, only one day behind, not so bad I guess.
    Tofu….oh I wish I could eat it!! I always see the best tofu dishes and they sound so good, but my stomach does not agree. So sad.
    Have a happy Fourth!

11. July 2, 2011 2:15 pm

Ugh, that sucks about Ryan’s passport. I feel like that’s something i would do!

I really need to try grilling tofu.