I’m Baaaaaack…

June 17, 2011

One of my friends (and fellow bloggers), Mindy, praised me this morning for my cool disappearing trick.  🙂

It’s true—I disappeared!

But like all great magicians, I’m back…and I have something cool to show you…

Our new house!!!!

I had a good reason for disappearing this past week.  From Monday to Thursday, we: traveled to Huntsville, viewed 15 houses, narrowed the houses down to our favorite one, made a low-balled offer, had the offer accepted (!), scheduled and completed an inspection, met with our mortgage agent, opened a bank account, and scheduled a closing date.

WHEW!

No time to blog, as you can see.  But, I’m SO thrilled with the house that we found…and between all of our viewings and trips across town (back and forth and back and forth), we really got a feel for the city of Huntsville—and I love it!

We ate at some great restaurants, met up with a few friends who already live in Huntsville, and even got to spend time with this special lady:

Yep, my parents, sister, and Sophie drove over from Louisiana to help us with the decision process! They were really excited to see Huntsville…and I think they really liked it! Something tells me we’re going to have a lot of visitors here…which is good, because we have a nice guest room!

Here are some pictures of our new home.  It’s in the medical district, which is right downtown—I think we’re going to love being so centrally located!

The family room:

Kitchen (a little small, and we’re going to paint it a brighter color):

Master (opens up with french doors to the deck!):

The backyard (with pecan trees!) and deck:

We’re SO excited to have a fenced backyard for our dogs!

And the front porch will be perfect for sipping white wine after a long day:

We just couldn’t be more happy with the house.  It’s smaller than our current house—but we have more space than we know what to do with right now! I think it’s the absolute perfect size for us at this point in our lives.

The trip was a great success—it really did make me very excited for the move!

I hope you had a great week—I tried to keep up with reading the blogs, even though I didn’t have time to comment.

Happy weekend!!

1. Kim permalink
    June 17, 2011 9:40 pm

What a cute house! Glad you found something and set everything in motion! WOOHOO!

2. June 17, 2011 9:43 pm

Holy crap that’s a lot to do! I think I would have had a panic attack…you’re a brave woman! And the house is way too cute, I love it!

• June 17, 2011 9:50 pm

Haha…we definitely had a few panic attacks over the course of the week– we’re glad to be done with it!! 🙂

3. June 17, 2011 9:53 pm

Congratulations on the house — that porch is GORGEOUS. I love the idea of sitting out there with wine or iced tea and just watching the world go by…

• June 17, 2011 9:54 pm

Thank you!! Yes, I have a feeling we’ll be passing many lazy hours on that swing 🙂

4. June 17, 2011 9:53 pm

Congratulations on the house! It’s such a cute place. I’ve always wanted a porch with a swinging chair 🙂
    The baby has the most amazing eyes I’ve ever seen. Such a cutie!

5. June 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Wow, what an adventure! Love the house, jealous of your front porch! So happy for you two and that you’ll be closer to family!

6. June 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Congrats girl – that’s awesome. Love the house. I love porches and decks!!

7. mgutowsk permalink
    June 17, 2011 10:26 pm

Just to double up between FB and the blog- love love love love the house! It definitely looks like something a poet should live in. Looks like you hit the jackpot. So glad (and impressed) you found something so quickly. Keeping my fingers crossed for a sale in PA now!

8. June 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Oh Anna, it’s beautiful! I can’t believe you got to see your family too! What a great time you must have had! Congratulations on the house!

9. June 17, 2011 10:40 pm

Congrats on the house!!!! It’s BEAUTIFUL and so YOU!!!! And space is overrated most of the time. You have more space for two people in that house it looks like that I have for 3 including all my kid and baby crap lol which is a major space hog 🙂

SO HAPPY for you guys!

10. June 17, 2011 11:07 pm

What a cute house – congrats on your hew buy!! A fenced yard is worth a million bucks when you have dogs – I don’t know what we did before we lived in our current house – it’s nice to sometimes just let them out to have a good play (& that could be when you snuck to the front for a little wine sippin’)

11. Ginger permalink
    June 17, 2011 11:14 pm

Somehow, I commented on your facebook page, using your name (I have no idea how that happened!!) Anyway, I just wanted to say that the house is as cute as I remember it, and I’m so excited for you guys!! Also very impressed with all that you got done in 3 days. It was a fun 3 days!

12. June 17, 2011 11:30 pm

Congrats Anna!!! What a super cute house 🙂

13. June 18, 2011 12:46 am

What a super cute house! Looks like you two are gonna have a great time in Huntsville! Good luck with the move!

14. June 18, 2011 1:35 am

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! You sneak! its beautiful!!!!! and good call on lowballing it! ahhh so happy for you! =) I’ll be following suit soon enough! ❤ happy housewarming to youuuu! ❤

15. June 18, 2011 2:31 am

Damn girl, you got a lot accomplished in one week. So happy you all found a house, it is absolutely adorable and something I would want 🙂

16. June 18, 2011 6:32 am

Awww your house is adorable!! I love it! Congrats!

17. June 18, 2011 11:30 am

IT’S BEEEEAUTIFUL!!!! Wow, I’m so impressed. You’ve already done so much!! It’s amazing. Congrats to both of you 🙂

18. June 18, 2011 11:50 am

Ahh that’s so exciting!! Congrats on the adorable new house!!

19. June 18, 2011 12:50 pm

Congrats on the house!

20. June 18, 2011 1:06 pm

Congrats to you guys!! The pecan tree alone makes it worth is. That little Sophie just keeps getting prettier.

21. June 18, 2011 2:11 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Okay but seriously I am so embarrased because I didn’t know you were moving!! Can you link me to that post that gives me all the details!!

22. June 18, 2011 9:28 pm

I want that house, haha Love it! congrats

and love seeing little mIss Sophie, too cute

23. greensandjeans permalink
    June 20, 2011 11:59 am

I know I said this on facebook, but this house is so flipping cute! I’m really excited for you guys!

24. Stacey permalink
    June 20, 2011 8:47 pm

Beautiful house and I love the medical district!! I’ve got a friend or two that live in that area. Congrats! What restaurants did you try? Looking forward to meeting you after you are here for good.

• June 20, 2011 9:04 pm

Yay! Glad to have the area endorsed by a local 🙂

Let’s see…we did some easy chain restaurants when my family was here because of my little niece, Sophie (much easier to eat in loud environments with her :-)), and we tried Mama Goldberg’s Deli for lunch one day…Rosie’s for lunch another day…and the Furniture Factory for dinner one night (such a cute place!!). So many great restaurants to explore in the area– you’ll have to tell us your favorites!

25. June 21, 2011 4:38 pm

The new house is SO cute! (So is that sweet niece of yours.)