Checking In…

June 14, 2011

Hi friends! Just checking in from Alabama! We’ve been in motion pretty much since we touched down.  We looked at houses ALL day yesterday, and I think we found the one! We’ll be working out the details in the next few days, and hopefully it will all go okay!

I’ll be checking in again soon…wish us luck!

1. June 14, 2011 10:17 pm

Congrats and good luck on the house! I hope the rest of your trip goes well!

2. June 14, 2011 10:21 pm

Lots of luck!

3. June 14, 2011 10:25 pm

CONGRATS on the almost-house. SO EXCITING!!!!

4. June 14, 2011 11:00 pm

good luck with the house!

5. June 15, 2011 1:44 am

How did I miss the fact that you are moving to Alabama?! Wow, I’m a bad blog reader. How exciting! I will have to do some post reviews and learn more.

Good luck with the search!

6. June 15, 2011 1:53 am

Wow, how exciting! Can’t wait to hear more about the house!

7. June 15, 2011 12:10 pm

Pics please?! I love looking at houses!!

8. June 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Gooooooooood luck!

9. June 15, 2011 12:57 pm

Goodluck!!!!

10. Jteare permalink
    June 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Good luck with the house hunt. I’m sure you are going with a realtor but some places you may want to look at are Madison, 5 points, and South Huntsville. I live in Madison and am very happy with it, however I wish I had a better view of the mountains. Five Points is the up and coming arts district, a lot of young couples and folks starting out. Stay away from anything on Gulf road or North Huntsville. N. Huntsville will be closer to UAH but it’s not the safest. If you need anything I’m the manager of a historic train depot / museum in down town Huntsville.

• June 17, 2011 9:40 pm

Eek– sorry for the late reply!! A lot of the houses that we looked at were in 5 points– SUCH a cute neighborhood!! We ultimately went with one in the medical district, which I think will be nice (maybe a little more quiet?).

How cool that you work in the train museum– we kept passing it as we were driving around! I’d love to meet up with you after we move to town!

11. Stacey permalink
    June 15, 2011 3:10 pm

What general area of town are you considering? Agree on North Huntsville (and parts of west Huntsville–Bob Wallace/Triana/Patton, etc). I’m directly in between Huntsville and Madison and have easy access to all areas of town. Love the historic districts, though!

• June 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi Stacey! We decided on a house in the medical district– we’re really excited!

Sorry for the late reply– things got crazy busy with the house-buying details! I would love to meet up with you when we move to town!

12. June 15, 2011 4:41 pm

Congratulations Anna! I can’t wait to see pictures!

13. June 15, 2011 5:36 pm

ah! I hope its the one! Best of luck

14. June 16, 2011 6:21 pm

LUCK!!! I hope you get the one you love! House hunting is such an emotional and draining process!

15. greensandjeans permalink
    June 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Good luck! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

16. June 20, 2011 7:23 pm

How exciting! How come you are moving?