A Couple’a Lunches

June 10, 2011

Hi friends!

First off, thanks for your kind words about Eric.  It was definitely a shock to us, and it’s very sad news.  But—it also serves as a reminder to be kind to your body, and to respect the boundaries and limits of what the body can (and should) do.

Keeping in line with my “clean eating” pledge from Wednesday, here are a few lunches I’ve enjoyed over the past few days:

Cheesy Hummus Quinoa with veggies:

For the “cheesy hummus” quinoa, I just mixed about a half a cup of quinoa with humnut sauce (nutritional yeast + hummus + a bit of water)—perfect way to get creamy quinoa with added protein and nutrition!

Today, I went old-school deli style and had a simple egg salad sammie, open-faced:

You really can’t go wrong with basic egg salad.  I used about a tsp. of smart balance mayo to get it nice and creamy.  I know some people make egg salad with hummus (in fact, I think I’ve done that before) or even Greek yogurt, but I really do think it’s best with mayo—in moderation, of course!

Last night, we went to our monthly supper club and enjoyed a Mexican fiesta meal.  The frozen dessert was all sorts of amazing—oreo crust topped with ice cream topped with fudge sauce and peanuts.

I mean…you can’t be clean all the time, right?

I’m pretty sure that’s Charlie Sheen’s motto too.

Off to take care of biznass! Have a great Friday!

1. June 10, 2011 5:47 pm

I’ll have both please and thank you! =) I’ve been dying to make this hummus sauce — its taken blog land by storm but I am always super forgetful! must. make. now.

Have a fabulous weekend =) maybe not take tips from mr. sheen though =) bahahaha! DUH blogging! ❤

• June 10, 2011 5:47 pm

It’s *very* addictive– I have it about 4 times a week nowadays!!! Have a great weekend too!

2. June 10, 2011 5:49 pm

the cheesy hummus quinoa looks like SUCH a good idea. I will be making this soon… maybe even tonight. I find it hilarious that even when I’m low on groceries I still have quinoa and hummus and nutritional yeast available to me. Guess we all have different “staples” 🙂

3. June 10, 2011 5:54 pm

That quinoa looks awesome. Great combo. I still haven’t made a hummus sauce, but was seriously just thinking about it the other day b/c I have some extra hummus on hand.

4. June 10, 2011 6:21 pm

I really want a simple egg sandwich like that now and some crispy grapes!

5. Amber permalink
    June 10, 2011 6:52 pm

LOL at the Charlie Sheen reference!

6. June 10, 2011 9:47 pm

I’m loving your quinoa ~ it looks fabulous! I’ve never had humnut sauce, although everytime you talk about it I put it on my list of things to try. I really must get to that list one of these days!!

7. June 10, 2011 10:12 pm

Humnut sauce- that’s fun to say! Looks delicious 🙂

8. June 11, 2011 2:46 am

I LOVE humnut sauce and over quinoa sounds perfect! I hope you have a great weekend Anna!

9. June 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Hummus + nutritional yeast is the best. I haven’t had it in far too long…I’m glad you reminded me of it!!

10. June 11, 2011 4:39 pm

I love egg sandwiches but I loathe mayo…is that odd?

11. June 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Yum, the Cheesy Hummus Quinoa looks wonderful! And reminding me I need to pick up more quinoa.

12. June 11, 2011 10:01 pm

All looks pretty tasty! Makes me want eggs for dinner tonight (instead of the big salad I was planning on!). Cheesy hummus? I must try! Enjoy the rest of your weekend