Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot

June 1, 2011

So, Pennsylvania decided to bypass spring and early summer and just go straight from 40 degree temps to 90’s.

I’m not complaining.

Actually, I am.  I know, I know—you had to listen to me bitch and moan all winter long about how much I wanted warmer temperatures, and now that they’re here, I’m STILL complaining?

Because these temperatures aren’t warm—they’re HOT.  As in, legs sticking to the furniture hot.  Dogs too hot to walk hot.  Somebody turn on the AC hot.

Oh wait, that’s right—we don’t have AC.  Drat.

With temperatures this high, dinner last night was a little bit of a struggle.  Even the thought of chopping something left me with a case of the horribles.  Therefore, our meal was decidedly low-key:

Spinach salad with strawberries, chickpeas, and fig balsamic dressing:

plus sliced tomatoes with pecorino romano cheese:

Simple, but good.

Somebody bring me a mint julep and a fainting couch.  Thanks.

1. shayquigley permalink
    June 1, 2011 2:13 pm

I’m from PA too! It was utterly brutal out yesterday. Good news: rain is (supposedly) on the way! After a week of rain, I didn’t think I would really be looking forward to it, but I can. not. wait. I feel your pain–I don’t have a/c either. “Everyone gave me a are-you-human?!” look when I mentioned that, so I’ve stopped telling people. I’m glad to know I’m not the only one living in the 16th century. 🙂

Stay cool! Today’s going to be another scorcher!

2. mgutowsk permalink
    June 1, 2011 2:17 pm

Hot, hot, hot, huh? You didn’t by any chance watch America’s Got Talent last night?

3. June 1, 2011 3:47 pm

I hate temperature extremes! You must visit us in LA because as much as I hate it here at least the temps are moderate. It’s about 70 all year round!

4. June 1, 2011 6:11 pm

🙂 I’m a HEAT girl. I just love it. Salads are perfect for this weather. Especially with awesome summer/spring fruit

5. June 1, 2011 7:29 pm

Spring is one of my favorite seasons (the other being fall) and we totally didn’t get one in NYC either! Harumph.

6. June 1, 2011 8:19 pm

It IS ridiculously hot, but I have to say- I prefer this to 20 degrees!!

7. June 1, 2011 9:10 pm

I know, right?! I just said to Tony that we didn’t have spring! It is so freakin’ HOT!

8. patti permalink
    June 1, 2011 9:16 pm

We are struggling with the coldest spring on record in Seattle. It is going to be in the 70’s 2 days in a row this weekend so everyone is going crazy!!!