Paris, Je T’aime

May 18, 2011

Bonjour, bonjour!  I hope you’re having a great Wednesday!  We’ve been having (not surprisingly) a wonderful time in Paris—it really is one of the most romantic cities in the world.  After dinner last night, we went for a stroll along the Seine:

DSC_0127 (4) DSC_0122 (4)

Can’t you practically hear “La Vie En Rose” playing in the background?  Actually, they were playing some sort of Jamaican Rasta number, but whatever.  Same difference.

For dinner last night, we actually ventured out of the French zone—I think we were actually *gasp* sick of French food—it’s so  heavy! We ate at a delicious Vietnamese restaurant, which was absolutely perfect—I think we were all in the mood for something that didn’t come smothered in cream sauce!

Of course, we couldn’t stay away from the French fare forever (say that three times fast).  After walking around Montmartre this morning…:

DSC_0018 (10) DSC_0023 (11) DSC_0013 (11)

(this guy was a street artist who we commissioned to sketch a portrait of the dogs from my i-phone.  Totally not kidding.)

…we settled in for a delicious lunch of omelettes, salad and bread:

With a glass of wine on the side. 😉

After lunch, we explored the Montmartre cemetery.  I love this cemetery—when I was studying in France in college, I actually used it as my subject for my final project in my photography class.  I got a few good shots today as well:

So pretty.  It might be slightly morbid of me, but I just love cemeteries—I could wander around them forever.

And speaking of pretty spaces, yesterday my dad took us to an indoor/outdoor Middle Eastern tea house in the Latin Quarter that was SO pretty:

They served beautiful cups of sweet, hot tea:

And we were joined by this little guy:

What a neat place!

Well, as you can see, we’re having a blast! I’ll try to remember my camera for dinner tonight…I’m always a little more self-conscious about it when we’re traveling, but I guess I shouldn’t be—I should just play the “stupid American” card whenever I get a funny look! 🙂

Thanks for reading along during our travels!

1. May 18, 2011 5:13 pm

You guys look so happy! Glad to hear it’s been such a wonderful trip. I’ve loved reading all about it!

2. May 18, 2011 5:47 pm

anna you and ryan look great! and you look especially wonderful!! in these pics…paris is clearly agreeing with you!!! 🙂

• May 19, 2011 7:03 am

Aw, thank you! Maybe I should move here?!? 🙂

3. May 18, 2011 5:55 pm

I want to go to there! It looks amazing 🙂

4. May 18, 2011 6:15 pm

❤ Your dress in the first pictures is SO cute! And the omelet looks amazinggggggg. ah!

• May 19, 2011 7:02 am

Thanks, Erica– I was worried that it looked a little “maternity” 🙂 I didn’t want to get people talking!!! 🙂

5. May 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Colors and B&W and Paris and… everything! I love Paris and following your adventures and traveling vicariously through you. Tres bien, mon amie!

6. Marcee ..... ILLINOIS permalink
    May 18, 2011 7:44 pm

Everyone looks comfy & relaxed! Lovely photos Anna. Little bird on the chair is precious. Probably wanted a bit of bread!

Beautiful omlette! Europeans love eggs. Italians also. I need one of those omlettes myself …. for dinner!

No. You are not at all morbid re cemeteries. I/we do the same thing. Being that our home is surrounded by cemeteries, not at all creepy. There are 3 huge ponds on the grounds. Many weeping willow trees. It is an absolutely gorgeous cemetery. Driving around many times throughout the seasons is well …. very peaceful.

Keep enjoying your holiday Anna!

7. Marcee ..... ILLINOIS permalink
    May 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Went back to see the little birdie. So cute! I would love to have a printed photo of her. Or him. Not to happy with the purse on the other chair though.

Just love that shot!

8. mgutowsk permalink
    May 18, 2011 8:57 pm

This whole trip has made me start daydreaming about taking a foodie vacation with you and our cameras! Maybe someday, when I’m making more than the average hs dropout!

• May 19, 2011 7:01 am

Definitely!!!! Haha, maybe one day when we’re all creative writing professors 🙂

9. May 18, 2011 9:05 pm

No kidding, I just got a little teary eyed…I miss Paris so much! Thank you for sharing your trip! I know it’s personal time, but I do love seeing the pictures and “going” with you on your travels!

10. May 19, 2011 1:38 am

Paris is so beautiful!! Glad to hear that you are having a wonderful time 🙂 Hard not to right haha

11. JenATX permalink
    May 27, 2011 10:44 pm

did you love the little cups the tea came in? I can definitely imagine them appearing in your kitchen

Trackbacks

1. Travel and Packing Tips « Newlywed, Newly Veg!